Cielosim KJAX building disappearing

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
trisho0

Cielosim KJAX building disappearing

Post by trisho0 »

Does anyone have the same problem and solution found?
I installed Cielosim KJAX in P3Dv4 and also in FSX Acceleration sim. I noticed by moving the scenery to one or the other side (keyboard Crtl+pointer mouse) just in P3Dv4 the building disappears and appearing again (outside view). In FSX it doesn't have such issue at all.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Cielosim KJAX building disappearing

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Have you also contacted the add-on developer with this issue? There may be additional updates that need to be made for this content to be fully v4 compatible.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

Yes, I contacted three times to the developer but no response. I guess some other simmers might came across to the same KJAX problem with building. This is the reason I opened this thread that also can be a help to others.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

Does some other Pilots have this same problem? Any ideas?
downscc

Post by downscc »

There are quite a few sceneries out there, both payware and freeware, that may work except for scenery objects such as buildings because those products were not developed for P3Dv4. The scenery that fails in this way is usually using technologies from FS8, in other words very dated. The only thing we can do as customers is be aware of anything sold that doesn't explicitly say P3Dv4 compatible.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Cyclone1

Post by Cyclone1 »

KJAX is not P3DV that is most probably why you are having the issue of disappearing buildings. How do I know this, I to purchased this scenery only to find out later from the developer it is not ready for P3DV. Disappointing yes!
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

Cyclone1 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 am KJAX is not P3DV that is most probably why you are having the issue of disappearing buildings. How do I know this, I to purchased this scenery only to find out later from the developer it is not ready for P3DV. Disappointing yes!
We need to wait for an update then ....
Cyclone1

Post by Cyclone1 »

Yes we must wait far an update, I have been waiting for over a year now and heard no more from the developer? I am guessing this one may fade into the sunset like many others have done. Hopefully I am dead wrong about this but 1 year wait...???