Rudder & Steering (Tiller)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
vadriver

Rudder & Steering (Tiller)

Post by vadriver »

Team

I'm looking for any notes there may be for the use / effect of the assignments (below as found by fsuipc) which control the titled. Some are listed in options controls as keys, some axis, some not

65764 AXIS_RUDDER_SET .... apparently an axis butnot listed options control (?) but how is it different to 65696 ?
65689 RUDDER_CENTER .... not listed options control but seems obvious after using the following 2
65688 RUDDER_LEFT ..... key (but called rudder yaw left), but to what deflection, can it be a repeat for more ?
65690 RUDDER_RIGHT ..... key, mosly ditto
65696 RUDDER_SET ..... axis (but called rudder) ?

66817 STEERING_DEC...... key, but to what deflection, can it be a repeat for more ?
66816 STEERING_INC ...... key, ditto
66818 STEERING_SET ..... there's an axis steering set (in axis assign), but is it 68042 ?
68042 AXIS_STEERING_INC_SET ..... refer 66818, and what is different to that one

I look forward to any notes you may have.

I'm also keen to hear of what "blending" is used / possible if any between pedal steering & rudder use across the speed band on take-off & landing.
cheers
john
downunda
vadriver

Re: Rudder & Steering (Tiller)

Post by vadriver »

Team

Spotted https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... er#p150652
which is very much my thinking now having further considered the above along with the brief descriptions in the SDK.

Somehow it seems separate axis' for each of rudder control and pedal nosewheel steering (along with tiller nosewheel steering) .... and including appropriate animations internally & externally ..... are the way forward for simulations of so equipped aircraft (but noting smaller GA types need only the current rudder-set axis).

The best way to describe it is as https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e8byl4ym4rz4 ... s.pdf?dl=0 ..... where one will notice the much smaller pedal nws deflections and which are different to rudder deflection across the speed band.

Hoping to hear more.
cheers
john
downunda