[RESOLVED] P3D V4.3 Huge FPS impact

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Hawaiianstyle78

[RESOLVED] P3D V4.3 Huge FPS impact

Post by Hawaiianstyle78 »

Just updated P3D v4.2 to 4.3 using the Client , Content & Cont1/Cont2 files from the P3D download section. Installed good. Just loaded up flight out of KLAX and What the !!!!!! Major stutters . Just flew on 4.2 this morning out of KLAX with no stutters . Why is it all stutters on the ground and in the air ? It’s horrible! Advise please to a fix
Hawaiianstyle78

Re: P3D V4.3 Huge FPS impact

I just Downloaded the Client & content To REVERT back to V4.2, took off from KLAX and I’m flying with no stutters with all
My addons. V4.3 has major stutters ! Things I noticed in 4.3 compared to V4.2

1) major stutters
2) Ai aircraft stutter
3) Can’t use any PTA presets till they come out for it
4) some addons are QWERky with 4.3....i.e. BBS airbus , MaddogX
5) CPU CORE 0 is now the primary load core . I am using affinityMask=0 for V4.2 because all the cores are used . In v4.3 that Affintymask doesn’t allow all the cores to be used . Saw that core 0 was at 70% load and all the others were 1-8%. I deleted it and V4.3 still used Core 0. I had to use the TaskManager trick in order to get all the cores to be used.
6) I created an IFR flight plan and saved it from KLAX TO NTAA only using SXC & TAF VOR @ 34000 ft. I shut down P3D, loaded it backup and loaded the saved IFR flight plan and the plan came up with all kinds of waypoints . It’s not saving & loading the way I want it. Tried the same on 4.2 and it saves and loads the way you saved it .
7) there is no improvement on Dynamic lights . They work better in 4.2 the way I see it. My temps across all cores on 4.2 using dynamic lights are 58-62 C. Tried it on V4.3 and they are hitting 66-71 C .

This is just info for you guys . Unless I did something wrong on the install . Like I said I used the client and content install . So as of now 4.2 runs good . I hope their is fix for this . The major issues are the FPS bog down . The Dynamic lights are not improved for my addons . I’m using :

1) BBS AIRBUS WIDEbody
2) PMDG 737-700/800/900
3) flythemaddogx
5) Ftx global
6) Ftx LC & Lights
7) Ai traffic /plans I created
8) REX SKYFORCE 3d
9) REX textures direct

Any feedback from anyone would help as if they are experiencing the same or similar issues . Thanks
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

my issue got resolved after clearing all the shader cache
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Not saying I am any expert on this , did you completely uninstall 4.2 , by that I mean all the hidden folders files etc ,
If you are not sure what I mean go to your control panel and under file and explore options look for view hidden files etc and tick the option to view all if not so, then under the C drive or what ever you have your operating system installed on do a search for prepar3d and Lockheed martin , delete these as well as when you think you have deleted the sim there are still traces of it left, though be very careful what you delete if you find files still there as your search may also find your download of the new version and you don't want to delete that , even though you may have P3D installed on a drive other than you operating system drive when installing a fresh copy of P3D it sends some files to your operating system drive as well, also any third party addons such as PTA etc if not uninstalled could have an impact on the new 4.3 performance , make sure you deleted any folders and files associated with the previous Prepar3D .
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Ok just confirming , I have installed the new 4.3 version including my addons such as orbx and aircraft and smoooooth as , no stuttering , and with exact same settings as previous version I have a framerate increase. everything feels and looks great , as I said before if you haven't deleted all the previous version you could have performance issues , as it wont be the fresh new version of Prepar 3D , it will be something left over from a third party addon , especially those shader and lighting mods that many install , they can cause performance issues. I have seen it time and time again and yet some may think it is the new 4.3 version , I don't agree...…. and don't expect all third party addons to be fully compatible as yet , that takes time and is up to the developer of those third party addons to update...….
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

So you mean that if you don't take ages uninstalling v4.2 completely and installing v4.3 from scratch you will get stutters and lower fps? I really think you are wrong, sir...
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and experience.....

Maybe not just for stand alone P3D , but when you are talking lots of third party addons thats when things can get messy.
Hawaiianstyle78

Ok . So P3D gives you TWO options of how you want to install the update . It gives you the 1st: Uninstall entire P3D V4.2 including all payware addons/scenery including hidden files in Program files and also the Appdata Roaming & Local files . Then do a fresh install of the new 4.3 ........THE 2nd method it says & recommended is: Go to Prepar3D site /Downloads section (after u log in). Download the Client file & the Content file. (I also downloaded Cont1 & Cont2 and places all these 4 files on my desktop ) . Next I Went to My programs Installed on my PC and uninstalled P3D Client first than P3D Content 2nd in the List. Then I installed new Client (desktop) 1st and installed new Content (desktop) 2nd. It says use this method if you do not want to uninstall your entire P3D V4.2. It says to use this if you do not feel like uninstalling everything than installing it all back in again, including all payware products geeeez!

Sounds like you can’t use the 2nd method which I did because why do I have problems. Why does it say in the update install instructions that the client/content method is the preferred method and says you don’t have to Uninstall the whole thing , in which YOU DO.
Last edited by Hawaiianstyle78 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawaiianstyle78

I’m just gonna wait awhile till these addon aircraft /scenery/PTA PRESETS make their software 4.3 compatible . I jumped on it Too soon for this 4.3 with all my addons .
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Please don't let me stop you from enjoying your flight sim , but from my experience what I have wrote above has all worked and solved performance problems for me......
eburt

Post by eburt »

Hawaiianstyle78 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:06 am I just Downloaded the Client & content To REVERT back to V4.2, took off from KLAX and I’m flying with no stutters with all
My addons. V4.3 has major stutters ! Things I noticed in 4.3 compared to V4.2

1) major stutters
2) Ai aircraft stutter
3) Can’t use any PTA presets till they come out for it
4) some addons are QWERky with 4.3....i.e. BBS airbus , MaddogX
5) CPU CORE 0 is now the primary load core . I am using affinityMask=0 for V4.2 because all the cores are used . In v4.3 that Affintymask doesn’t allow all the cores to be used . Saw that core 0 was at 70% load and all the others were 1-8%. I deleted it and V4.3 still used Core 0. I had to use the TaskManager trick in order to get all the cores to be used.
6) I created an IFR flight plan and saved it from KLAX TO NTAA only using SXC & TAF VOR @ 34000 ft. I shut down P3D, loaded it backup and loaded the saved IFR flight plan and the plan came up with all kinds of waypoints . It’s not saving & loading the way I want it. Tried the same on 4.2 and it saves and loads the way you saved it .
7) there is no improvement on Dynamic lights . They work better in 4.2 the way I see it. My temps across all cores on 4.2 using dynamic lights are 58-62 C. Tried it on V4.3 and they are hitting 66-71 C .

This is just info for you guys . Unless I did something wrong on the install . Like I said I used the client and content install . So as of now 4.2 runs good . I hope their is fix for this . The major issues are the FPS bog down . The Dynamic lights are not improved for my addons . I’m using :

1) BBS AIRBUS WIDEbody
2) PMDG 737-700/800/900
3) flythemaddogx
5) Ftx global
6) Ftx LC & Lights
7) Ai traffic /plans I created
8) REX SKYFORCE 3d
9) REX textures direct

Any feedback from anyone would help as if they are experiencing the same or similar issues . Thanks
Hi,

Can you list your equipment specs please. OS, CPU and speed and Video Card you are using. I'm still using a 2 GB GTX 770 with 4.2 and wondering if that is limiting the use of all 4 cores on my CPU (6700k) which I have OC to 4.8 GHz. I'm using W10. I have 16GB mb memory installed.

Thanks,
Ed B.
Best Regards,
Ed Burton

P3Dv5.3HF2, W10, i9 10850KA, Asus Z490, 32GB Ram, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080,EVGA 2070 Ultra, 3 x 60" Samsung 180' View Group, 738 Cockpit using Prosim Flight Model and Avionics.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I installed 4.3 client and content on this system: i7 7700K running at 4.2 GHz, 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 with 4 GB of DDR5 VRAM, all on an Asus Z170-A motherboard with BIOS updated to the latest level.

It runs just fine, but over New York by Drzewiecki Design there are some stutters. However, I would expect that over complicated scenery such as New York. I do not know what frame rates I achieve - in my book, they are a non-important number as long as the sim runs smoothly.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Darren Howie

Post by Darren Howie »

Expecting stutters is actually a P3D syndrome that has become the norm.
In DCS i get over 100FPS no stutters in one of the most complex detailed cities ever done in an incredible complex aircraft yet P3D chugs in open countryside.
P3D needs a reinvention not a tweak and these minor updates are simple losing more and more people.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Darren Howie wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:34 pm Expecting stutters is actually a P3D syndrome that has become the norm.
In DCS i get over 100FPS no stutters in one of the most complex detailed cities ever done in an incredible complex aircraft yet P3D chugs in open countryside.
P3D needs a reinvention not a tweak and these minor updates are simple losing more and more people.
Have you tested P3Dv4.3 ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
eburt

Post by eburt »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:00 pm I installed 4.3 client and content on this system: i7 7700K running at 4.2 GHz, 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 with 4 GB of DDR5 VRAM, all on an Asus Z170-A motherboard with BIOS updated to the latest level.

It runs just fine, but over New York by Drzewiecki Design there are some stutters. However, I would expect that over complicated scenery such as New York. I do not know what frame rates I achieve - in my book, they are a non-important number as long as the sim runs smoothly.

Jorgen
Did you uninstall all addons and all remnants of 4.2 before installing 4.3 as per Rodneys post, or just the client content type install as per Install Type 2 in Hawaiiwanstyle78's post?

Ed B.
Best Regards,
Ed Burton

P3Dv5.3HF2, W10, i9 10850KA, Asus Z490, 32GB Ram, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080,EVGA 2070 Ultra, 3 x 60" Samsung 180' View Group, 738 Cockpit using Prosim Flight Model and Avionics.