Bicycle in P3D

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
pillack01

Bicycle in P3D

Post by pillack01 »

Hello all.

I am currently working on a new development. This new development takes advantage of the Avatar technology. First, there will be two cyclists. The male avatar got a variation:

Bicycle in P3Dv4 from Bahrometrix

The Bicycle Avatars has four animations: stand, drive, fast drive and wheelie. A dynamic light is also applied.

The cyclists will then be published together with the Jena scenery. The Jena scenery is a pure urban scene, together with the city administration of Jena some very detailed objects were brought into the sim. One of these objects is the town hall. It is sufficiently well detalliert, so that one can look there in the passage of the town hall a small picture exhibition:

The Town Hall, which can be visited in parts - here is a small exhibition.
Christian Bahr
Developer

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de
Mace_RB

Re: Bicycle in P3D

Post by Mace_RB »

Wow, I have been to Jena, but it was in 2003. We called the tower the "Intershop Tower" or the Zeiss Tower. I remember the pulverturm (Powder Tower) on the old city walls, as well as the observatory, the H&M store, the paradies bahnhof. I walked under a "tunnel" they called the Goethe tunnel. Johann Griesbach Str. Lots of memories there.

And on a bicycle -- this would allow good mobility, better than the walking avatar.
pillack01

Post by pillack01 »

Mace_RB wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:02 pmAnd on a bicycle -- this would allow good mobility, better than the walking avatar.
I agree. With the normal avatar you can get into all corners, but you can not get ahead - the avatar is just a pedestrian. With the bike Avatar you can also get into all corners of a scenery. But you can get there much faster because of the speed.

A few days ago I drove from the EDBJ Schoengleina airfield to downtown Jena - by bicycle Avatar. I think that was about 40min. I needed for it. That was really relaxing, because the landscape of Jena is really great.
Christian Bahr
Developer

www.bahrometrix.de
pillack01

Post by pillack01 »

What is possible in a modern flight simulator like the Prepar3D v4?

The answer can be seen here in a preview video:

https://youtu.be/DujyXHior3o

After some extended development time Bahrometrix Jena City was released as freeware and can be downloaded here:

http://www.bahrometrix.de/jena-city/

Preview Photos ...

Christian Bahr
Developer

www.bahrometrix.de