Added Categories not listed in Scenario load menu in V4

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: Added Categories not listed in Scenario load menu in V4

Post by Adam Breed »

machtoo,

We still are unable to recreate the issue.

In your error case, what files are contained in the Scenarios\Military folder? If it was just FSX scenarios, can you list which ones? If the folder is empty, does it still occur?

What text editor are you using to modify the files?

Also, can you turn on Enable Scenario Error Reporting and Enable Content Error Reporting (Options --> General) and let us know if any errors are reported?

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

I have now tested with files in the folder and empty...same results.
I have tested with the folder in the Scenarios folder and adding it and not adding it to the scenarios.cfg...same results.
If the cfg file is edited manually or the folder is just added to the Scenarios folder, none of the folders appear in the Scenarios/Load list in the menu...just Saved.

I use TextPad to edit the cfg file.

The Scenario Error Reporting has been on by default all the time. Have not seen any error messages.

The missions in the folder are all FSX...AntennaPackage, CarrierLandingIMC, CarrierOpsFsxf18, CarrierPractice, CorkscrewApproach, cv69-12, PayloadRecovery, RoacktLaunchAirCover, TGS_Day_Traps, TGS_Day_Traps, USCGTransport, category_images.
Dean Taunton, PE, Private Pilot
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Instead of using TextPad, can you try editing the cfg file with Notepad? There may be some formatting issues when exporting the plain text file. Be sure to delete the scenarios.cfg file so that it can regenerate with the correct formatting before editing it again.

-Brad
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

OK, we have achieved 90% success. We generated a new cfg by deleting the old and edited using NotePad and added the additional folders...all are listed with a few greyed out that must be missing something that P3D V4 is looking for. I am not sure why P3D V4 requires Notepad when V3 had no issue with cfg's edited by Textpad. I have used TextPad for decades as a pure text editor with no issues. That said, the scenarios are listed. Eliminated the ones greyed out by deleting the offending scenario folders. Will now proceed with testing the scenarios. Thanks for the assist!
Dean Taunton, PE, Private Pilot
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU