P3dv4 compliant Windobjects

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
pillack01

P3dv4 compliant Windobjects

Post by pillack01 »

Hello.

A little question to the developers of the P3Dv4.

I would like to create a wind turbine according to data sheet.

The rotors should rotate according to the data sheet. Does the SDK provide a P3Dv4 compliant way for the wind turbines to turn into the wind and for the rotor blades to rotate differently depending on how strong the wind is?

Unfortunately, I do not find sufficient documentation in the SDK on this topic.

Best regards
Christian
Christian Bahr
Developer

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de
aeronauta

Re: P3dv4 compliant Windobjects

Post by aeronauta »

I was told some time ago by LM that the animation trigered by environmental variables is not supported , maybe that changed now but I am using SODE now for windsocks and can be used for what you want to, have a look...
https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=2

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
pillack01

Re: P3dv4 compliant Windobjects

Post by pillack01 »

aeronauta wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:59 am I was told some time ago by LM that the animation trigered by environmental variables is not supported , maybe that changed now but I am using SODE now for windsocks and can be used for what you want to, have a look...
https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=2

Jorge
Hi Jorge.

Thanks for answering my question :-)

Well, I had already found a very good solution for SODE and had created a very complex SODE script for my wind objects. Everything was in perfect order and the result was very satisfactory. However, as a developer you are always looking for alternative methods - you want to evolve. This raised the question of whether it would be possible to create P3Dv4 compliant wind objects. I will stick to this topic and not give up so fast :-)

Best regards
Christian
Christian Bahr
Developer

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de