P3Dv4 Locked to wrong monitor

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
azwildk4t

P3Dv4 Locked to wrong monitor

Post by azwildk4t »

I have a rather annoying problem. I have a Nvidia 1080 that supports 3 monitors. 2 monitors are in Nvidia Surround mode. Nvidia has these labeled as Monitor 2 and Monitor 3; monitor 2 is in Surround mode.

I launch P3D from monitor 2. The splash screen and flight select (aircraft, weather, airport, etc.) appears on monitor 2. When I click OK, it immediately switches to monitor 3. Even with window titles on, I cannot select and drag it to Monitor 2.

Any suggestions?
Gabster

Re: P3Dv4 Locked to wrong monitor

Post by Gabster »

I have a similar Problem. I have to screens and only use the top screen for P3D. However P3D randomly loads on one of the screens, sometimes spread over both and sometimes it loads even outside of the visible - I then have to go to nvidia control panel and see that the screen positions are messed up.

Any help from LM please?
azwildk4t

Post by azwildk4t »

Gabster - I never got this figured out. For now, I end up unplugging the monitor for my EICAS and then plug it in after I launch the sim.
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

I had a similar problem that occured off and on, my solution was once in your aircraft use the menu and untick fullscreen then move p3d up to the monitor I wanted then closed p3d, delete all nvidia entries listed in Prepar3D.cfg ie
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950.0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950.0.1]
Mode=1600x900x32
then restart p3d, it should come up on the screen you want, not sure why it changes screen but this seemed to solve the issue, possibly after having one monitor unplugged or new nvidia driver install