multimonitor problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
risipio

Post by risipio »

i have a multimonitor setup but i cant get more than 10 FPS..... i have change every single config on the software whit no look

this is my setup!!

x3 ATI RADEON 6870 1G DDR5

INTEL CORE I7 950 STOCK

4GIGAS RAM DDR3

6 MONITORS, 3 ON 1920X1080 AND 3 ON 1280X768

WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE?... 10 FPS looks like crap...:s PLEASE HELP!!!!!

THANK´S!!!!!

risipio

Post by risipio »

ADITIONALLY : the cpu and gpu shows not even working at 50%...... why PP3D can´t use all the system potentiall??
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

There are many factors to consider. First off, 1GB of graphics memory is a bit low for high resolution multi-monitor usage because the way the API works, each monitor needs its own copy of textures and vertex buffers.

The app is CPU bound because it's still running DirectX9 which requires all api calls be made on the primary thread. Thus all your core rendering tasks are on your primary cpu. Background tasks like terrain / scenery generation and streaming are threaded out but those aren't going to totally peg out all your cores.

2nd, you should probably try setting up Eyefinity. Here is a setup guide i found with a quick search.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZAkCoaq384

That way Prepar3D only has to draw the scene once, and you let the ATI driver do the heavy lifting for you. You'll need to experiment with various group configurations to find the one that works best.

Finally, what kind of display settings are you running, and what kind of data are you displaying on your screens? You will likely need to crank your display settings down some and consider using some screens only for 2d panel displays.

Hope that helps

Beau

Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
risipio

Post by risipio »

thank you bhollis , so the idea is to have just one monitor for 3d rendering, that was the idea from the beginning, but here in colombia was dificult to find a display port adapter, so the other choice was matrox 3h2go but hard to find to, so 3 gpus was the final choice, so i can't use eyefinity whitout a display port converter.... bad luck, you think it will be better if i have jus one monitor whit 3d? i have the default desktop whit the main window off prepar3d, 2 more for a front view, and 3 for G1000 and instruments........

atorque thankyou for the answer, but why you sai intel and ati/AMD dont work together? really makes no sense say that, intel and NVIDIA are great but not mean to be together necesarilly. besides intel have more power than AMD and ATI/AMD performe better than NVIDIA on big resolutions whit filters. yes i have the money for an i7 but not for 3 6950..... sorry about that........
risipio

Post by risipio »

ok, thank you for your opinion, but have 2 say is not a fact waht you say that demostrate nvidia was thinked for intel..... in fact, nvidia and intel don't have a good relation ship, since intel regreat on give the x86 to nvidia..... thats why nvidia cant make x86 processors........ AMD/ATI thats true, meant to be together, but not necesarilly that way. i think you gave me a ATI/AMD fanboy answer.... but thats ok.

THANK YOU!!!
risipio

Post by risipio »

ok, thank you anyway, i didn't meant to heart your feelings, but have to say you were rude to whit coments such if i had money for intel..... or things like that, but thats ok even wen this conversation helps nothing to my problem......... thanks anyway.
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Lets keep this respectful. This is not an FSX forum!!!

I expect that members of this forum will remember that and keep it civil and professional. If you have to do this, go to another site to do it and come back when you have made nice. Please re-read the rules of the forum.

Topic now closed.