P3D 3.4 with Hotfixes - Runs out of Memory

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
scotflieger

P3D 3.4 with Hotfixes - Runs out of Memory

Post by scotflieger »

Since updating to P3D 3.4 and applying both hotfixes I find P3D reports that it has run out of memory and closes usually in the last 10 mins of a flight. The crashes are consistent and occur at almost the exact position on the STAR approach. This has repeatedly happened on flights between EGLL and EDDF (1:40) and EGPD and EGLL (1:10). I have been using the same scenery settings as with P3D 3.3. I thought Hotfix 2 was supposed to carry out more vigorous scenery purging.

I have ORBX FTX Global Base, openLC Europe & Vector along with ORBX England and Scotland installed together with UK2000 Heathrow & Aberdeen and Aerosoft Frankfurt-Main. I am also using AS16.
Andrew Gransden
LINDA Support/Developer
bcrawley57

Re: P3D 3.4 with Hotfixes - Runs out of Memory

Post by bcrawley57 »

Scott have you found you were able to fly this in previous versions with no issue?
elmucki

Post by elmucki »

i doubt it, all these add ons are quite intensive. i have the same orbx scenery and it pushes my limits if on max sliders.
Windows 11 x64 on a 4TB SSD | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X | TRX40 AORUS Master | 128GB DDR4 3600MHz | 1250W PSU | 2x EVGA RTX 3090 | P3D v5 and MSFS2020 on a 4TB SSD | Custom Corsair Hydro Cooling
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi Andrew,

You will want to make sure each of the add-ons have been properly updated to work with v3.4 HF2.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
scotflieger

Post by scotflieger »

Thanks for the replies. I have flown these routes before with the same add-on scenery with P3D 3.3 without any problems. The ORBX and AS16 are to the latest versions and I do have hotfix 2 for P3D 3.4.
Andrew Gransden
LINDA Support/Developer
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

scotflieger wrote:Thanks for the replies. I have flown these routes before with the same add-on scenery with P3D 3.3 without any problems. The ORBX and AS16 are to the latest versions and I do have hotfix 2 for P3D 3.4.
Uh... that hotfix is the only one they offer support for... but more importantly, it was released to provide a more agressive memory release process to help reduce this issue.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
dawgfan58

Post by dawgfan58 »

I too have issues with hotfix 2. I constantly run out of memory with no settings, scenery, or aircraft changes. I had better VAS control with 3.4 no hotfix and 3.3.5. I'm rolling back.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

But you run addons?
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
dawgfan58

Post by dawgfan58 »

I run a ton of addons, orbx global, openlc europe, openlc north america, vector, all pmdg aircraft, aerosoft airbus, majestic q400, tfdi 717, too many sceneries to name. I never had an OOM prior to the hotfixes of 3.4. I'm using the same aircraft, at the same airport, with the same settings in p3d, but with different results (an OOM).
scotflieger

Post by scotflieger »

After reducing some of the scenery graphic settings, I repeated a SHORT 1.5 hour flight from Aberdeen (EGPD) to London Heathrow (EGLL) with ORBX (FTX Global Vector, openLC Europe, EU England, EU Scotland) and UK2000 Scenery for EGPD and EGLL. I also ran the Task Manager to monitor memory usage. At the one hour point 1800MB of memory was used, but as I overflew Central London and approached the airport, this quickly climbed to 2400MB. On this occasion P3Dv3.4(HF2) did not run out of memory.
Andrew Gransden
LINDA Support/Developer
dgeddesjr

Post by dgeddesjr »

Hello Andrew,

I had similar results by reducing the scenery complexity, please see the other thread in this forum titled "Possible new VAS issue..." in this forum.

-Don
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

I had the same problem after installing hot fix 2 with P3Dv3.4. I never saw this happen before. My graphics card is the Nvidia GTX660. I updated the driver to the 376.33 today. I have ALL the Orbx scenery installed and active. Flying the new A2A Lockheed L049. Before the updated driver installed today, I would get an occasional CTD, but never looked into it. "Then I started getting CTD with the message This device Nvidia GeForce GTX660 stopped working for the following reason! DXGI_Error_Device_Hung" After updating to the new driver today, I completed a 4 hour and 30 minute flight from Florida to Chicago without incident. My VAS reading was 1793132 at the start and 946728 at the end. Hopefully the updated driver has taken care of this problem. While I do have all the Orbx scenery installed, I don't think there is very much of a heavy scenery load through the middle of the country, the A2A plane does add some drain. I am going to fly the OP's above mentioned flight plan and see what my VAS ends up for that one.
Howard
Cal50BMG

Post by Cal50BMG »

Hello everybody,

now I have the same problem. I updated to the latest Hotfix and for the first time I get OOMs during the descent on the star. I never had these problems before. I also use ORBX Global, Vector and LC Europe and a few Addon airports. GPU is a 970GTX with the 378.66 driver installed. I tried to roll back to Hotfix 1 but now I even get OOMs there.

I think it's high time for version 4 now;)

Just kidding but is there any solution for this problem? My settings are not maxed out. CPU is a 4790k not overclocked.

Greetings from Germany
Patrick
kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

The latest drivers cause OOM issues, I rolled back to 376.33 and it works flawlessly now.
See this thread: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123508

Chris
Cal50BMG

Post by Cal50BMG »

Hi Chris,

and thanks for your reply. I just installed the Hotfix driver (378.72). Unfortunately I don't have the time to do a test flight now. I hope this fixes my problem. I will post it here as soon as I tested it.

Greetings
Patrick