P3D Joystick Assignments / Doesn't exit

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
owenpurday

P3D Joystick Assignments / Doesn't exit

Post by owenpurday »

Hi all,

A few problems with P3D that have been ongoing for a few months now...

Usually 3 out of 4 times when I start P3D I find that all of my joystick assignments have disappeared across all of my devices (Saitek yoke / pedels / throttle) meaning that I have to spend time programming everything each time. I know there is the option to save and load the assignments but it's annoying having to do this nearly every time.
Sometimes it seems to remember the settings so I can't seem to find what the trigger is.

Also I've noticed that P3D never exits from my processes list after I exit. I've tried both exit from menu and clicking the red X but the process always remains active with a huge amount of memory. I've tried to leave it for 30+ mins but it never quits so I have to end it via the task manager.

I'm running P3D v2.5. Please let me know if you need any error logs etc.

Many thanks,

Owen
owenpurday

Re: P3D Joystick Assignments / Doesn't exit

Post by owenpurday »

Any ideas anyone?

Kind Regards,

Owen
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

owenpurday -

Which add-ons are you using? Also, does saving out your controls profiles work as a workaround?

- Mike
bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 »

From much reading I have done on this issue, I believe this is a long standing bug in P3d.
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

Mike,

I too (last night) found that many (not all) of my assignments to my Warthog joystick and Throttle controllers had simply gone meaning that a pre-arranged flight with our group had to be cancelled (for me at least).

This morning I have re-assigned them including z axis setting for the throttle.

I have exported the profile and hope never to have to import this.

I think (in my case) I may have unplugged my controllers (because I put them away after use) slightly before P3D had completed its exit.

I'm assuming that P3D wants/needs the controllers to be both available and plugged in on starting and exiting the program and if they are not then the assignments can be screwed up.

That's my guess. I assume you can confirm Mike?

Cheers and Merry Xmas to ALL.

BG2518-Bob.
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

Owen,

Based on what I think I know (from above) I guess that your 3 out of 4 failures with controller settings may be because your pc / windows is not adequately powering the devices and communication between them and P3D on startup is not happening as it should.

Check out power to your hubs and/or connect each device directly to your PC?

Plus P3D not exiting properly may be because it can't resolve issues with communication to your devices to ensure they work properly next boot.

Try to start and exit P3D without any devices attached and see if P3D does exit properly then.

You see? Process of elimination perhaps?

Hope this helps.

BG2518-Bob