Blurry terrain textures, missing Simobject Textures after clean P3Dv3.4 Install

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
robtheump

Blurry terrain textures, missing Simobject Textures after clean P3Dv3.4 Install

Post by robtheump »

Good morning everyone. I recently did a clean install of P3Dv3.4 after removing P3Dv3.2 from my computer. So far I have reinstalled all of my Orbx products (Global, Vector, North America LC, numerous scenery packages etc.) using FTX Central, Active Sky Next, Rex Essentials and HD Airports. I reinstalled all of my existing AI aircraft and traffic AFCADS from my previous install and new installs of PMDG 737NGX and Aerosoft A318, A319, A320, A321.

My settings in the sim are all the same as my previous install. The issue I am having is ground textures are blurry (you will see in one image below a narrow strip behind my plane is ok, the rest is a blur), AI textures are taking FOREVER to show up (upwards of a minute), there are texture issues with the Aerosoft A319 and the lighting effects don't display for upwards of 30 seconds.

Texture issue on the ground at Aerosoft AnchorageX

AI aircraft textures take a ridiculously long time to load (15-40 seconds) and never was a problem on my old install
Ground textures are weird and you can see large effects from the plane windows, strobe etc

VC lighting takes a long time to reappear (button illumination and dash lighting)

No light effects (strobe, beacon, logo light etc)

More texture issues

Notice the terrain is blurry other than the strip of properly loaded textures behind my aircraft (plane is heading south)

Lighting effects (strobes, beacon and logo light) not working. Missing AI textures.

Here are my P3D settings:

Here are my computer specs:

CAS: CyberPowerPC X-Titan 100 MID-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Window Panel (Black Color)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case (Red Color)
FAN: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
HDD: 256GB SANDISK SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 1 x M.2, 8x SATA 6Gb/s (All Venom OC Certified)
OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card)

Any help or advice would be great! I had no issues like this with P3Dv2 with the same hardware and software installed.
johnan

Re: Blurry terrain textures, missing Simobject Textures after clean P3Dv3.4 Install

Post by johnan »

You are not alone.

I too am now experiencing blurries, after about 30 mins of flight, which I have not had before.

My PC spec is very similar to yours.

I read somewhere that Orbx vector might be a factor but there has been no confirmation in fact I believe Orbx say it has nothing to do with it.

Blurries seem to be a more common problem with this P3d build than any previous one. It is a nuisance and we need a solution.
elmucki

Re: Blurry terrain textures, missing Simobject Textures after clean P3Dv3.4 Install

Post by elmucki »

Consider this... ORBX is meant to be for VFR. Says so on their site. When you fly slow and low, i bet you have no blurries. I bet it happens when you fly high or fast or both. So, its not really an issue if you use the product for what it was meant for. As far as the blurries, it happens when the textures have to load at a faster rate than they can. Since you pass over them at a fast pace, they tend to have issues loading to their fullest.
Windows 11 x64 on a 4TB SSD | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X | TRX40 AORUS Master | 128GB DDR4 3600MHz | 1250W PSU | 2x EVGA RTX 3090 | P3D v5 and MSFS2020 on a 4TB SSD | Custom Corsair Hydro Cooling
johnan

Post by johnan »

I quite agree with that but I just wonder what has changed in the newest P3d, or perhaps Orbx, that now causes blurries when before with exactly the same PC and installed items, I had none.

I usually fly the Realair Beech so it is not really going very high or fast!
elmucki

Post by elmucki »

the change log could tell you what changed... aside from starting with a fresh cfg not sure what you can do to try and remedy things...
Windows 11 x64 on a 4TB SSD | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X | TRX40 AORUS Master | 128GB DDR4 3600MHz | 1250W PSU | 2x EVGA RTX 3090 | P3D v5 and MSFS2020 on a 4TB SSD | Custom Corsair Hydro Cooling
emirat

Post by emirat »

I was about to post the exact same thing! I too have this problem, however I didn't have it before v3.4- I also have the hotfix. It's not just in the cruise, but even when you slow down and descend. I have to reload it in map which can make VATSIM flying quite hairy with controllers! I don't know what's causing the problem but I also have orbx global and vector installed.