Camera Configuration

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
simdev

Post by simdev »

Hi Guys,

I've got the SDK version 1.0.20.1. I couldn't find any differences regarding camera control compared to the latest SimConnect SDK provided by Microsoft.

I.E. multiple visual channels are still hard to configure with the current camera controls available. Is there an upcoming feature change in order to better support multiple visuals? Using just a certain degree of camera position to the left/right won't provide accurate non-overlapped screen edges and viewing ranges.

Regards,

simdev
simdev

Post by simdev »

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

The whole SDK documentation provided is 1:1 from the former FSX SDK/ESP - where do I find the documentation about the "added multi-channel capability"?

What I'm looking for is to setup 1-5 visual channels with so-called viewing frustums - in order to have correct screen edges on every channel, no overlapps and correct angles from any given (configured, like left or right seat) viewpoint.

Regards,

sim dev
simdev

Post by simdev »

Hi Jason,

Thanks. I'll get the new SDK in this case later via my VAR contact.

Regards,

sim dev