"New Scenario"

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Timmy74

"New Scenario"

Post by Timmy74 »

Why is a "New Scenario" not a at all a "New Scenario"

eg: I create a flight, head off...get board, hit ESC and then click on "New Scenario" to change aircraft and start again. It takes me back to the input menu..."Select Vehicle", "Select Airport", "Select Weather", "Select Time and Date" etc...etc..etc. So I choose a new vehicle but keep all the other inputs the same. So why does it ALWAYS load the new aircraft in the exact same spot that I have just pressed ESC from!?!?

Why would it not load again from the original inputs given in the input menu!!? I would think that it would reload to the exact input you have placed in the menu and not the flight you just came out of!?!

What I am finding is if I want to create a new scenario I have to shut down P3D and reload it.

Am I missing something?

Tim.
jjaycee

Re: "New Scenario"

Post by jjaycee »

probably because you have not entered a new Location. It can be the same location if you want i.e the same airport. If you look at the Location info when the sim takes you back to the New Scenario page, you will see that it is showing you the location of the plane at the time of you closing the previous flight. If you want to restart the flight with all the same details except a different plane, then you have to go into Change Location. Keep the same airport etc but it will then show you the start points e.g. default runway. If you then click OK it will restart the flight on the runway and not in the air.
Timmy74

Post by Timmy74 »

That's my point!! Why would it not just reload where you first started and not at the point you just exited from!?

So now you have to go back and put in ALL the data again. If I just wanted to change my aircraft during the flight I would just select "Vehicle" from the "ALT" button, pull down menu!!? Yes....?
Doogles

Post by Doogles »

Timmy74 wrote:That's my point!! Why would it not just reload where you first started and not at the point you just exited from!?

So now you have to go back and put in ALL the data again. If I just wanted to change my aircraft during the flight I would just select "Vehicle" from the "ALT" button, pull down menu!!? Yes....?
I totally agree, the "New Scenario" function could use a major upgrade...
Ryzen7 5800X|ASUS X570 Formula VIII|32GB GSkill Royal Z 3600 CL14|MSI 1080Ti|Samsung NVMe|Crucial 2TB M.2 SSD's|3x24"Asus/Eyefinity@5760x1080|ThermaltakeWater 3.0 Ring 280mm|RM850x PSU|