active sky next as_audio causing stutter

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
hermes82

active sky next as_audio causing stutter

Post by hermes82 »

I stopped using ASN because of an intermittent stutter happening every 30 seconds or so but found the problem remained after shutting down ASN, after new graphics driver install and reboot everything ran well untill I ran up ASN again yesterday, when I checked in windows task manager today after the stutter returned I found as audio still running in processes so closed it and everything returned to normal, this is not the first time i've had the stutter or the first time I found it running and shut it down so it's an ongoing problem, can anyone else check this and see if the issue is repeatable on their setup

P3D 3.3.5
intel i72700k
KFA2 gtx950
12 gb kingston fury 1333-10600 ram
the only change to vanilla cfg is FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.14 and TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400
Mike LM

Re: active sky next as_audio causing stutter

Post by Mike LM »

hermes82 -

If the problem remained after shutting down ASN, then it may not be causing the issue. Try disabling other add-ons that you have installed.

- Mike
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

as_audio actually loads on p3d startup without ASN running and i'm not running any other addon, it loads as as_audio.btrsp in fsuipc then loads as a process and shows up in task manager, after closing as_audio things return to normal
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

hermes82 -

If it's loading through FSUIPC, then I would suggest disabling it in the FSUIPC settings.

- Mike
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I stopped using ASN because of an intermittent stutter happening every 30 seconds or so"

Which version of ASN?

Are you testing with default P3D jet and scenery?

Edit .. All looking good on my setup.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

i'm using ORBX scenery and iris's f16 but it's loading before p3d is finished opening, my ASN version is 1.0.610.21922, i'm not using the full version of fsuipc so not sure how to disable it, I set a new default flight with the f22 and it's stil loading as_audio at startup, it's not a major issue as it's easily closed in task manager, I just wondered if anyone else had the same thing on their setup, thanks for the replies folks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"as_audio actually loads on p3d startup without ASN running"

Same here ... but no problems here.

BTW, what does FSUIPC have to do with your problem?
Best Regards,
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

no idea at all martyson but mike suggested disabling it, it actually seems to have stoped causing issues on the few times i've forgotten to close it down so it may be just the scenery area I was flying at the time but overall ASN seems to run with less stuttering with as_audio stopped, i'll try and run a few test flights later and see if it crops up over the areas I was flying
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Have you asked at ActiveSky forum?

Maybe one of their beta testers reported it in the past.
Best Regards,