FsDreamTeam to support Prepar3D

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
virtuali

Post by virtuali »

We are pleased to announce that we are now supporting Prepar3D with our products, starting with the recently released Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX).

We would like to hear your feedback about how the installation works for you so, we put a test version of the KLAX installer here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kxcdrr5842vai3w

The installer works in FSX and Prepar3D too. If Prepar3D is found in your system, you will be asked if you want to install KLAX there, otherwise it will install in FSX (if you have it installed).

As with all our products, the installer is a Trial version of the scenery, and you can purchase it either from inside Prepar3D, or on our Web page.

The good news is: we are not requiring an additional license for Prepar3D, if you already own a valid KLAX Serial Number from your past FSX purchase, you can use it to activate the Prepar3D version.

If you run both FSX and Prepar3D on the same machine, and your KLAX was already activated under FSX, there will be no need to do anything: the Prepar3D version of the scenery will work as a fully registered version.

If you haven't purchased KLAX yet, the price it's the SAME as the FSX version and, by purchasing it, you'll get the right to use it under both FSX and Prepar3D.

Please, let's give us some feedback about this version, so we can go ahead and update all our other installers too.

NOTE: after you install the scenery, you'll likely have Prepar3D crashing on exit, because there are two additional menus added, and there seems to be a problem with the current Prepar3D version that any addons that add custom menus will cause a crash on exit, LM people are aware of this and will surely fix it. Also, the scenery works only with Prepar3D 1.2.3253, which is the current version.
Umberto Colapicchioni - VIRTUALI Sagl
http://www.fsdreamteam.com
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Great News Guys!! :-)

John
Penzoil3

Post by Penzoil3 »

Worked fine for me thanks!

Sue
simmerhead

Post by simmerhead »

Fantastc offer! You guys rock!
fltsimguy

Post by fltsimguy »

Bravo to the FSDreamTeam! Not requiring a purchase of a second license is most certainly supporting existing customers. Much appreciated.
ridgenj

Post by ridgenj »

Great move and I have all your products!

Cheers

Luis
KelvinNZ

Post by KelvinNZ »

Only one problem. Doesn't seem to install on version 1.3 only the version 1.2. The installer will not accept anything else.

I have logged a ticket with FSDT.
virtuali

Post by virtuali »

Already replied on our forum, we need to explicitly support the 1.3 build, it should happen fairly soon.
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Congrats on supporting Prepar3D with side-by-side licensing!

I'll be looking for revised installers that either support v1.3 or better, hope that they'd work with all versions or Prepar3D.

Please add notes in this forum when you announce availability of installers that are compatible with v.13.
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Norton Internet Security find virus WS_Reputation.1 in trial KLAX installer from link in first posting above.

Please advise about this.
virtuali

Post by virtuali »

That Norton is the absolute champion of false positives, it's a very well known fact. We sent them samples of our executables, but they keep ignoring us, or keep saying their products don't detect our products as threats. This because we send only our executables but, their detection method is so flawed, that even if they whitelist the affected executables, they keep flagging as threats all the installers that contain the same executables, and even the whole domain.

Turn the antivirus off or, as a real solution, switch to a reliable product, like free MS Security Essentials, which doesn't mistakenly detect legit products a threats.

In any case, it's best to use the link on our own Web site, and both GSX and KLAX has been already updated for P3D 1.3 now.
bohappy

Post by bohappy »

Thanks Umberto

Works great in p3d 1.3

The scenery is great and smooth as silk

Can't wait to have the rest of your scenery installers for p3d very soon

Finally with new pricing p3d is the future of flight sims

Can't wait also for dx11 ability in ver 2 of p3d - great things are coming!
Penzoil3

Post by Penzoil3 »

Ok, I give. I've hunted and hunted. I guess I'm missing something. Where do I find the 1.3 installer ?

Thanks

Sue
bohappy

Post by bohappy »

Sue

Download latest installers from fsdreamteam website for FSX and they will install into P3D

Only LAX and GSX are available

Hopefully soon other airports will be updated
Penzoil3

Post by Penzoil3 »

Thanks!

Sue