Quick look at Virtual Fly TQ6

Forum for Prepar3D users to share videos they have recorded of Prepar3D.
Rob Ainscough

Quick look at Virtual Fly TQ6

Post by Rob Ainscough »

I'm impressed with the build quality for this price range (about $700 US).

Plus
1. Metal including the handles, very solid feel
2. Good spacing between engine throttle, prop angle, and fuel mixture ... large hands will enjoy the spacing
3. Design of arm support bracket makes the motion less flimsy (no side to side motion)
4. Arm motion is extremely smooth and no potentiometer jitter when at rest
5. Multiple mounting options

Cons
1. VF drivers (more like a control panel since it doesn't install as a driver) didn't work for me under Windows 10 64bit
2. Tension system doesn't really impact the prop angle arms as much as it does for throttle and mixture

Fortunately the driver/control panel isn't needed, everything is recognized and can be calibrated under Windows 10 64bit. FSUIPC is not required, but if you want to get exact positioning (i.e. for Mixture cut-off) you'll want to have FSUIPC define the raw data range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l699wVn9Yo

There were some delays getting it thru US customs, but the folks at Jetline systems were VERY helpful in keeping me updated and getting the unit to me. Last time I ordered direct from Virtual Fly, but this time I went thru Jetline Systems http://jetlinesystems.com/product/tq6-t ... -quadrant/

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough
ampharoah

Re: Quick look at Virtual Fly TQ6

Post by ampharoah »

Hello Rob,

I have just moved to P3D v3 from FSX and have assigned my VirtualFlyTQ6 in P3D's Controls. Followed your Youtube video. Done all the usual calibration, check to see that no conflicting settings exist on other controllers.

The Throttle and Pitch levers work fine, but the Mixture lever causes the simulated lever in the P3D Beech Bonanza to flutter back and forth around the mid point on screen as I move the TQ6 lever and it will not adjust in the sim to the max or cut-off positions, no matter what i do with the controller leaver. Auto Mixture is un-ticked in P3D Settings.

I have re-assigned and re-calibrated again and again without success.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

Hi Andrew,

Have you verified that NO other device is set to Mixture? Are you using FSUIPC, if so have you confirmed that AXIS is NOT set in FSUIPC?

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough
Michael_B767_ATP

Post by Michael_B767_ATP »

Hi Rob,

Nice looking piece of hardware.
FSRobert

Post by FSRobert »

Rob, now, this is a teaching tool. You make it all look easy which a good instructor does.