V2.1 - San Carlos to Monterey video

Forum for Prepar3D users to share videos they have recorded of Prepar3D.
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

Rob, thanks for the clarification. Somehow or other I watched the v2.1 video and then copied the settings for the v2.0 video. Thus my confusion. I'll try your v2.1 settings, but I've got to say that I found your v2.0 settings to have worked very well for me.

Thanks for sharing all your testing results.

Robert
Rob Ainscough
Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your Video. This section of the forum you posted is for technical support.

It would be better received in the, Miscellaneous section of the forum.

Click ME to visit the Miscellaneous section of the forum

Thanks Wes,

Regards,

Saul.
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

Ok Saul, wasn't really sure of a good spot for it, couldn't find a screenshot/video section.

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough
WBard

Post by WBard »

I think we need a screenshot and video forum, I'll check into making one.

Thanks for the video Rob, it's beautiful.
redline

Post by redline »

Super showcase video Rob.... and thank you Wes for adding this new section. P3D deserves to be shown off :-)
Howieb

Post by Howieb »

Just saw that it is the A2A aircraft.
macwino

Post by macwino »

Rob, I really enjoyed this video and the one out of South Lake Tahoe as well. I tried replicating your Monterey flight using the settings shown on your YouTube page for my 3 monitor, 5760x 1080 setup, and it went quite well. I am just a little unclear about a few of your settings and would like to make sure I fully understand them.

You indicate that the first half of your video is done with "FXAA and 8X SuperSampling." I assume you mean that you have FXAA activated in the P3D Graphics Setting window. Am I correct, or are you referring to the nVidia Inspector setting which you describe as "Allowed?" Also, I assume your reference to "8X SuperSampling" refers to the nVidia Inspector setting since no such setting exists in the P3D Graphics Setting window. Again, am I correct? Finally, exactly what are your settings for the FXAA (if not explained in answer to my first question above), MSAA, and Texture Filtering pull down menus in the P3D Graphics Setting window?

Thanks again for your videos and all the testing you've been doing to show P3D at its best.

Robert
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

Thanks Wes, I have more :)

I actually don't spend much time making these videos and they are very much "as is", just add a few titles and transitions and upload. But this is probably more a testimony on just how good P3DV2.x can be.

Robert,

The South Lake Tahoe/Concord flight and San Carlos/Monterey flight were made using P3DV2.1 using these settings: http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.html The testing videos I did with FXAA and 8X SS were done on P3DV2.0. FXAA does have a performance benefit (especially with clouds) but the image quality is not quite as crisp as the with FXAA off and using 4X SGSS. P3DV2.1 seems to work better with SGSS.

Rob Ainscough
macwino

Post by macwino »

Rob, thanks for the clarification. Somehow or other I watched the v2.1 video and then copied the settings for the v2.0 video. Thus my confusion. I'll try your v2.1 settings, but I've got to say that I found your v2.0 settings to have worked very well for me.

Thanks for sharing all your testing results.

Robert