Varjo XR-1, no video passthrough, no portals, no controller visible

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Lildreas

Varjo XR-1, no video passthrough, no portals, no controller visible

Post by Lildreas »

Hello,

thanks for P3Dv5 and XR-1 support, we were hoping that you would support this! :-)

But I can only get the XR-1 to work as a normal VR headset, I don't get any video passthrough, the portals don't show up and I cannot see a VIVE controller (that is reported connected and active by SteamVR and by Varjo Base).

It's not a problem with the XR-1, I can get video passthrough and masking in BISim BlueIG and Unreal Engine.

I use P3Dv5 Professional Plus version 5.0.24.34874

I did all the steps as described in the SDKv5 Learning Center under "Augmented Reality":

Activate Varjo (Virtual Reality > Enable Virtual Reality > Varjo)
Open VR Settings (Virtual Reality > VR Setting)
Under Varjo Settings select Yes for Enable XR1 Camera
Activate the XR-1 (Virtual Reality > Passthrough Cameras > XR-1)
Enable Portals (Passthrough Mode -> Portals)

The VR view is fine, but the controller doesn't show up at all (while being connected, displayed in the Varjo Base software and showing a green light for working fine). And I can see no Portals, the Portals selected are at the "Eye" position so I guess they should be visible (and not like "Aircraft" in the aircraft CG).

Could you please help me to find the problem?

Thanks & best
Andreas
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: Varjo XR-1, no video passthrough, no portals, no controller visible

Post by Beau Hollis »

I think I addressed these on this other thread. Let's keep the discussion going over there. Sorry we missed this one when it was first posted.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=136965
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect