Black Ground Texture

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Alive1BG

Black Ground Texture

Postby Alive1BG » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Hi all,

I love to do "test" flights in which i load up at random airport and fly,but yesterday after the sim loaded all ground texture were black.Some airports are perfect,but some with black textures (as showed in pictures) and the global scenery is also black.

Thanks in advance. :)

Link for photos : https://imgur.com/a/HuC6QRb (couldn`t post them here)

Scenery Addons :
ORBX Global
ORBX VECTOR
ORBX OpenLC Europe
ORBX Building HD

MDPB

Re: Black Ground Texture

Postby MDPB » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:25 am

It appears that Hotfix 2 to P3D v4.5 does something to ORBX scenery, not airports, and creates all these black areas. No problem with Hotfix 1 which unfortunately I have deleted and is not available in my account. Is there a way of getting Hotfix 1 again to reinstall?

MDPB

Postby MDPB » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:01 am

It appears that the black textures are night textures not day. Let's hope a fix can be made ASAP.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:33 am

Hi all,

I love to do "test" flights in which i load up at random airport and fly,but yesterday after the sim loaded all ground texture were black.Some airports are perfect,but some with black textures (as showed in pictures) and the global scenery is also black.

Scenery Addons :
ORBX Global
ORBX VECTOR
ORBX OpenLC Europe
ORBX Building HD
Give a couple airport example names to check?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Alive1BG

Postby Alive1BG » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:52 am

Hi all,

Scenery Addons :
ORBX Global
ORBX VECTOR
ORBX OpenLC Europe
ORBX Building HD
Give a couple airport example names to check?
The photos are from LYBG and FACT but it happends everywhere even where isn't a single airport in the are.

Alive1BG

Postby Alive1BG » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:53 am

It appears that Hotfix 2 to P3D v4.5 does something to ORBX scenery, not airports, and creates all these black areas. No problem with Hotfix 1 which unfortunately I have deleted and is not available in my account. Is there a way of getting Hotfix 1 again to reinstall?
This is P3D 4.5 HotFix 1 not 2

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:29 pm

That looks like a shader issue. Are you using any 3rd party shader programs? Did you delete the Shader cache? I am not seeing this and have Orbx installed with HF2.

Randy

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:18 pm

P3Dv4.5 HF2, ORBX global base, had a look at FACT all OK.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Alive1BG

Postby Alive1BG » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:35 pm

That looks like a shader issue. Are you using any 3rd party shader programs? Did you delete the Shader cache? I am not seeing this and have Orbx installed with HF2.

Randy
Yes i`m using TomatoShade and ReShade and i`havent got any problems. I will try to restore the original shaders to see if it will make a change.

Alive1BG

Postby Alive1BG » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks for the help guys! Fixed it with restoring the original shaders.

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Good to hear. I believe there is an update to Tomatoshade. 😊

Randy

IronMike217

Postby IronMike217 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:31 pm

I use P3D v4.5 with HF1. I have intermittent black ground textures and black water textures. In addition, I have numerous black rectangles on VRS F-18E ground mapping radar.

A little history: I have had ground mapping radar black rectangles on and off for the past year in NA only. Three weeks ago, I reloaded Orbx Base, Vector and NA_LC. It cured the problem. Yesterday, I noticed the black rectangles are back and appear to be worldwide this time.

Last year, I went down the rabbit trail with VRS who could find no VRS issues. Finally, after several weeks of investigation. They pointed me to ORBX. Recently, ORBX has mentioned it is a known LM problem.

Several folks have come forward saying that they too have black rectangles on their radar in the F-18E. Are you aware of this issue? Can you be of any help?

Thanks in advance.

Win 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 16 GB display memory

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:19 pm

For myself, I don't own that aircraft so cannot confirm the issue. However, you can try disabling your Orbx scenery to see if that is the issue. Also, if you can replicate the problem between flights, test with the default F22 to ensure it isn't aircraft related (I doubt it is). I have seen black/night textures in NA myself with Orbx and fixed it by uninstalling/reinstalling openLC NA (ensuring the two applicable Orbx folders were deleted after the uninstall - Note, I'm still using FTX Central 3), and then verifying OrbxLibs. Delete your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders folder so they rebuild on next flight, as well.

Randy

IronMike217

Postby IronMike217 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks Randy. I've tried all with no change.

I don't fly the F-22. How do you turn the ground radar on? I can't figure it out.

Mike

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:44 pm

That's too bad, Mike. Do the black textures stay all the time or do they eventually sort themselves out (i.e. is it a texture loading issue)? Is it the same ground area every time you start P3D? Have you tried deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file and testing? Or disabling scenery add-ons to narrow it down?

The reason I mentioned the F22 was to see if using a default aircraft would make any difference (looking out the window for black textures on the ground). As for the ground radar, there is a manual in Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\IRIS\Raptor Driver\Manuals and References that may help (also Youtube has videos). I don't normally fly the F22, except when doing quick VFR flights to debug scenery issues 😄).

Randy

Return to “Prepar3D Professional Plus Client Application Questions”