Multichannel - landing lights not working on client views

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
sgst

Multichannel - landing lights not working on client views

Post by sgst »

I have a home cockpit with a multichannel setup running one host for P3D v4.4 and three clients for visuals.

I cannot get landing lights to work on the clients. I have set dynamic lighting/landing lights illuminate ground. The landing lights work on the host.

I am using Prosim737 v2 and their new flight model. I realise that the prosim flight model is an addon aircraft but does anyone know how to sync the landing lights on the clients in a multichannel environment?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Multichannel - landing lights not working on client views

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi sgst,

In multichannel, content must be the same between the host and all it's clients, this is especially true for effects. If the effect files are not the same on each machine, you will not see them on the client machines. Do you see any other particle effects or is it only the landing lights that aren't working?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
sgst

Re: Multichannel - landing lights not working on client views

Post by sgst »

Thanks for the reply.

It is only the landing lights that do not work. All other effects and weather works as it should.

I have noted that the landing lights work on the default aircraft. It is only on the Prosum Pro flight model that the landing lights do not sync.

the flight model has its own Effects folder in documents/Prepar3d Add-ons. The flight model is installed on all computers and contain the same files.

I understand that the landing lights use simconnect. I have installed simconnect on all computers but it does not make any difference.

What shall I do?