P3d v4 Doors

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
graycat8524

P3d v4 Doors

Post by graycat8524 »

My apologies if this subject has already been covered. I am running Prepar3D Pro v4.0.28.21686 Developer on Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest version updates) with NVIDIA v384.94 WHQL Graphic Drivers.

The problem is when I select an aircraft in Prepar3d v4 and it loads into my default airport, the following issue occurs:

Press Shift + E the primary mapped door(s) open.
Press Shift + E +2 the primary mapped door(s) close.
Press Shift + E+ 3 the primary mapped door(s) open.
Press Shift + E+ 4 the primary mapped door(s) close.

The keystrokes (of the primary doors) for the aircraft selected will only respond to the primary doors (not to the secondary or other door commands).

With the mapped doors, what is supposed to happen is (depending on what the doors are mapped to per aircraft):
Press Shift + E the primary mapped door(s) open.
Press Shift + E again the primary mapped door(s) close.
Press Shift + E +2 the secondary mapped door(s) open (Cargo doors, secondary mapped canopy).
Press Shift + E +2 again the secondary mapped door(s) close (Cargo doors, secondary mapped canopy).
Press Shift + E +3 the tertiary mapped door(s) open (Cargo doors, rear cargo door or rear passenger door).
Press Shift + E +3 again the tertiary mapped door(s) close (Cargo doors, rear cargo door or rear passenger door).
Press Shift + E +4 the quad mapped door(s) open (Cargo doors, rear cargo ramp door).
Press Shift + E +4 again the quad mapped door(s) close (Cargo doors, rear cargo ramp door).

This happens with all aircraft, whether default or 3rd party add-ons.

Please let me know if this is a known issue or if there are any work-arounds to get the aircraft doors to work properly.
b1bmsgt

Re: P3d v4 Doors

Post by b1bmsgt »

I've had that problem for years, both with FSX and P3D, all versions. I use a small utility called DoorControl Gauge to get around the problem. You can find this on Avsim, at the following link:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Se ... &Go=Search

It says that it is for FS2004, but it has worked just fine with FSX and all versions of P3D, including v4.

Enjoy!

Russ
U.S. Air Force Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief
Former B-1B Flightline Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Quality Inspector
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We see this working correctly with the Maule default vehicle. There could be an add-on installed that is interfering with this command. Are you seeing this issue if you disable any add-ons that could affect this behavior including FSUIPC?

Going through our general debugging steps can help diagnose which add-on could be causing the issue:
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Much of the problem is user induced and has to do with the delay used before typing the door number. Maybe LM could look into adding a variable to prepar3d.cfg to specify the delay time.
b1bmsgt

Post by b1bmsgt »

I've had that problem for years, both with FSX and P3D, all versions.
Doubt if it's an addon, considering the above...
U.S. Air Force Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief
Former B-1B Flightline Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Quality Inspector
N4GIX

Post by N4GIX »

Use FSUIPC's Logging to see if there is an Event being fired continuously. This will block normal door operation because the number entry from the keyboard command is being blocked...
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations