Professional Licensing

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
tennyson

Professional Licensing

Post by tennyson »

I currently have a cockpit with a 200degree wrap around screen, which are blended and warped using Fly-Elise Immersive display pro. I use Prosim and Jetstream model for the 737.
I have 3 dedicated PC's running three high def projectors. My other two PC's run the MIP and CDU bay.

I have three P3D licenses for academic use for my visuals. I also run wideview and widetraffic for my network. I am also using view groups as well.

Can anyone tell me whether I'd be better off running professional licenses (this is a private sim and not commercial) and utilising the multi-channel support?

Would I need to buy three Professional licenses to achieve the same result?

Thanx for any suggestions,

Regards,

Frank
b1bmsgt

Re: Professional Licensing

Post by b1bmsgt »

From the license options page:

"The Academic license enables the exact same functionality of the Professional version of Prepar3D."
U.S. Air Force Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief
Former B-1B Flightline Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Quality Inspector
dapilot23

Post by dapilot23 »

Well, if you want to do Multi-Channel then yes you have to use the Pro Plus version of P3D. Just curious, how is Wideview working for you right now? I was never able to get it working properly and I'm also looking at the Pro Plus version to do a Multi Channel setup.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

As mentioned above, multichannel is a Professional Plus feature. Only one Professional plus license would be required. The server must have a valid activated license, but multichannel clients can run without activation as long as they are connected to a valid server.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
MHargrove

Post by MHargrove »

dapilot23 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:46 am Just curious, how is Wideview working for you right now? I was never able to get it working properly and I'm also looking at the Pro Plus version to do a Multi Channel setup.
Wideview is old and (as far as anyone can tell) completely unsupported now. A current option for networked simming (beside P3D's multichannel, of course) is available from OpusFSI ("LiveView"). I've been using that for my 4-PC setup for a few years now and it works extremely well.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
ridgenj

Post by ridgenj »

Good day, what about Pilot's FS Global Real Weather engine, it has a network bridge too. Any experience in the combination P3D Professional/academic and FSGRW.

Cheers
luis
FredK

Post by FredK »

Regarding WideView and Opus and P3D Multichannel.....

I am currently using WideView and WideTraffic with P3Dv3 and it all works fine. Actually I am using FSX for my WV server and P3D for my WV clients (my WV server is not used for display visuals). The reason for the mixed config is that FSX simply never crashes. Likewise my P3D clients never crash...it is only if I use P3D for my server (odd because my settings on the clients are all at the high end and my server settings are at minimums).

Yes, the issue with WideView is that it appears doubtful that it will ever be updated for P3Dv4. Also, the current WideView version is reported not to work in P3Dv4.

The issue with Opus is that it does not support AI traffic. Users there use WideTraffic for AI. As WV above that will be an issue going forward since it is doubtful such will be updated. Opus has no plans to integrate AI traffic any time soon based on the current info from their website.

Although I have no firsthand experience to judge, the reports that I have heard is that the P3D multichannel function does not function any where near as good as either WideView or Opus, and there has been no indication from LM that such was a focus for improvement with P3Dv4.....LM please chime in if this is incorrect. It would be nice to get that working!

So.....if I cannot get at least equivalent performance from P3Dv4 operating off a single computer over my current multi-computer WV setup I will be resigned to be stuck in the past with P3Dv3 using WideView.