Prepar3d Pro v5.1 crashes on startup, new install, no addons

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
sgoen

Prepar3d Pro v5.1 crashes on startup, new install, no addons

Post by sgoen »

Please forgive me but I am a little frustrated right now after paying over 200.00 for Prepar3d Pro. I downloaded the program and then installed light the direction said to do. Upon opening the program, the program finishes the installation and goes to a screen for weather and aircraft change. Once at the screen the program crashes. I have tried to run it in administration mode and with out. I have uninstalled, restarted the computer and reinstalled the program with the same results. At this point I don’t know what to do. I am frustrated because when I pay for a program, I expect it to work. My computer is not the problem as it it built to run programs that require a much stronger system the your program requires. Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated
JorgenSA

Re: Prepar3d Pro v5.1 crashes on startup, new install, no addons

Post by JorgenSA »

Let me guess... you have an nVidia graphics card, and the driver version is 465.89?

If so, roll back the driver one version. This is an nVidia problem, not a P3D problem.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
sgoen

Post by sgoen »

After rolling back the Nvidia driver by one version, the sim is now working fine.
Thanks you for overlooking my frustration.
costa970

Post by costa970 »

the problem is if I go back to a previous version, then they run badly or crash other games like Iracing
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Have a look at the second to last post in this thread:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=141862

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.