Incomplete Installation?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
mebewale

Incomplete Installation?

Postby mebewale » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Good day, I recently did a clean reinstall but going through my installed programmes, I notice that there's only 3 items and the P3Dv4 Academic programme itself is missing, Is this going to be an issue or should I do a full reinstall again? Screenshot attached. Thanks.

downscc

Re: Incomplete Installation?

Postby downscc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:43 pm

There are three components, the Client is the 'core' of your application. You are good.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brad Shiver » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi mebewale,

Did you use the Setup.exe installer, or did you install each component individually? If you install using Setup.exe, you should see "Prepar3D v4 Academic" listed as well. If you aren't seeing any issues then you should be okay, but if you do then reinstalling using Setup.exe would be a good first step to rule it out.

-Brad

mebewale

Postby mebewale » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi mebewale,

Did you use the Setup.exe installer, or did you install each component individually? If you install using Setup.exe, you should see "Prepar3D v4 Academic" listed as well. If you aren't seeing any issues then you should be okay, but if you do then reinstalling using Setup.exe would be a good first step to rule it out.

-Brad
Hi Brad, I used the setup.exe installer and this is how I got here, no issues so far but I'll do a reinstall if one pops up. Thanks.

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”