Number of authorization attempts

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
CYLON

Number of authorization attempts

Postby CYLON » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:48 am

I don't know why my previous post about this was deleted, but I'm left with the same issue.

My frame rate is pretty bad in P3D 4.5 and I want to revert to P3D 4.4 to make sure that the issue is only with P3D 4.5, but I have only 1 out of 3 authorizations left.

1. Why are we only given 3 authorization attempts? (How can you troubleshoot anything that way?)

2. Is there a way to deactivate P3D and "keep" my authorization so I can do a reinstall and see if that's indeed the issue?

I obviously don't want to blow my one authorization left in case I ever need to reinstall it.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Number of authorization attempts

Postby Rob McCarthy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:56 am

Hello,

If you uninstall the client only you will be prompted to deactivate. If you choose no your activation will persist and you can then either install another client version or do a full uninstall without deactivating your license.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

CYLON

Re: Number of authorization attempts

Postby CYLON » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:24 am

This did not work for me and I'm now down to 0 authorizations. I was never prompted to deactivate my license when uninstalling the client from the windows control panel. Unfortunately, I want to re-install P3D on an SSD for better performance. Is there anything that can be done other than being forced to buy it again?

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”