VIRTUAL REALITY AND THE HTC VIVE

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
captflyby

VIRTUAL REALITY AND THE HTC VIVE

Postby captflyby » Sat May 19, 2018 7:55 pm

I apologize in advance if this post sounds like a rant, but I am trying to hold in my ENORMOUS FRUSTRATION as I type, and I have had it, trying to work around the many glitches in Prepar3D that should be basic working non-issues.

....so apologies again, as we continue...

RL pilot - 40 years +.
Been simming also for 30 years also.
Sub-logic
MSFS
Prepar3D
DCS
in order.

Discovered VR in December of 2018.
WILL NEVER GO BACK TO FLAT SCREEN COCKPIT. NEVER.
For me, VR will be the only method from here on out.

I went away from Prepar3D for about 3-4 months, came back, noticed Prepar3D had advanced from 4.1 to 4.2.
I thought good, now maybe 3D will work in Prepar3D.
No such luck.
Prepar3D, HTC Vive, and virtual reality seem to be only a dream.

Can someone please lay out a step by step process to get this running for me, because Lockheed seems unwilling or unable to do this.

Fly-inside causes Prepar3D to crash - consistently - Pro v 1.92 paid for and activated. If Prepar3D worked properly, there would be no need for Fly-inside.

Oculus settings in Prepar3D do not work with HTC Vive.

No VR menu - what is up with that - that is programming 101. (Right clicking on a view screen is NOT a menu.)

Don't ask me to uninstall the add ons. I paid good money for them. Other VR programs play nice with add-ons, so should Prepar3D.

Don't ask me to uninstall Steam. I use it for DCS (digital combat simulator) a fantastic replacement for Prepar3D.

Don't tell me to take out the one advantage that VR has - 3D depth perception - by going to "mono" view. How ridiculous.

My DCS (Digital Combat Simulations) works just fine right out of the box with VR, and those guys aren't a multi-billion
dollar defense contractor that touts this Prepar3D as a "combat learning platform" NOT a game.

I am sure, someone somewhere managed to get this working, but that does not help the rest of us.
Paid a lot of money for Prepar3D, the addons, VRS Superbug and Tackpack - and cannot use any of them.

I am not looking for comments from the Trolls. If you have no helpful advice, please keep silent and let the adults speak.

There seems to be no way to get PrepareD and HTC Vive to work with VRS superbug & tackpack.

That's all I ever wanted, to run VRS Superbug in VR.

Sadly, that too seems an illusive dream in Prepar3D.

2 more weeks and it will be a reality in DCS. Guess I'll just have to wait...

Kayla Kinzel
Lockheed Martin

Re: VIRTUAL REALITY AND THE HTC VIVE

Postby Kayla Kinzel » Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 am

Hello,

Have you gone through the general debugging steps?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”