[RESOLVED] CTD when selecting Option menu for graphics or controls

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Sojourn

[RESOLVED] CTD when selecting Option menu for graphics or controls

Postby Sojourn » Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Hello,

I purchased P3D V4 last nigh (May 17th) and installed it on my PC, that went smoothly. On my first start up everything went as planned but when I click on the options menu and try to go to Controls, Graphics or General the application crashes to desktop with no error message.

I followed the suggestions in the debugging thread, deleting the 3 folders mentioned. I have Windows 10 and it is up to date as is my video card. I have rebooted my PC multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled P3D all to no avail.

From the thread on debugging:

Prepar3D version: 4.2.21.24048
Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit
All add-ons installed (applications, scenery, vehicles, etc.): None, this is a clean install
Hardware (graphics card, CPU, RAM, displays, etc.)
Intel i5-3570S 3.1GHZ
Radon RX 570 4 Gig
RAM 20 Gig
Single HP monitor

Changes made to your system – overlocking, graphics accelerators (NVIDIA Inspector), debuggers: None
Changes to Prepar3D's settings or configuration files: None
Crash logs or error messages: None that I can find

I currently run X Plane 11 with no issues and multiple add ons and have had FSX Steam Edition run well with no additions though FSX is currently uninstalled.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Sojourn

Re: CTD when selecting Option menu for graphics or controls

Postby Sojourn » Sat May 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Resolved. It was Windows Defender Firewall preventing certain menus. I added P3D to the "allowed" list and it works.

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”