[RESOLVED] Clean Install P3Dv4 Fails repeatedly

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
JoHubb

[RESOLVED] Clean Install P3Dv4 Fails repeatedly

Post by JoHubb »

I run Windows10 Home x64.
I am attempting a clean install to a new HDD in a dedicated 1.8TB partition (NTFS).

When I run the setup.exe file I get this: unspecified error 0xfffffff7

The download was verified with MD5 checksum on sevetral occasions.
Firewall disabled.
AV disabled.
More than enough storage on HDD.
All USBs except keyboard and mouse disconnected.
One monitor.
Sound card removed.
I am logged in as Administrator

The same error message came up as I attempted on numerous occasions to install the program.

In a last desperate throw of the dice, I created a new user and tried installing again. Same result.

I would be grateful for advice on what I must do to get the program installed and running.
I can post the log file if necessary - there doesn't seem to be an option to attach it.

John
Poppet

Re: Clean Install P3Dv4 Fails repeatedly

Post by Poppet »

Hello John

I understand you are Installing Prepar3D to a dedicated Hard drive But you will still need at Least 13 gig of hard drive space on your Operating System for the Repair Installers.

* Can you confirm if you have sufficient space on your Operating System ? (At least 13 gig)

* Is your Windows 10 System up to date with all available Important updates Applied ?

Check and confirm these above points and then run the Installer again

--------------------------

Are you still having Issues ? I will now show you the steps to Manually Install Prepar3D

Installing Prepar3D by running the 3 components Individually

First Insure you Extract the Zipped Prepar3D folder

You must Install the Client component first

Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Install, Go through the prompted steps to Install the Client

Next: Right click on Install_Content.msi and click Install, The process will shortly finish

Last: Right click on Install_Scenery.msi and click Install, The process will shortly finish

When you have completed this, Launch and Activate Prepar3D

Let us know how you get on
JoHubb

Post by JoHubb »

Poppet wrote: Hello John

I understand you are Installing Prepar3D to a dedicated Hard drive But you will still need at Least 13 gig of hard drive space on your Operating System for the Repair Installers.

* Can you confirm if you have sufficient space on your Operating System ? (At least 13 gig)

* Is your Windows 10 System up to date with all available Important updates Applied ?

Check and confirm these above points and then run the Installer again

Many thanks, Poppet. Yes, OS up to date.

I have ample space for the Repair Installers as you can see here.

I will attempt manual installation as per your instructions, and report back later today, I hope.
JoHubb

Post by JoHubb »

Manual installation and activation worked flawlessly. I am up and running on three screens.

I've just completed a circuit in a Beech Bonanza. This is chalk and cheese compared to anything else I've flown in a desktop simulator. It was worth the hassle.

Many thanks for your assistance, Poppet.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello John,

That's good news, Thank you for your feedback