[RESOLVED] Reinstalled twice, P3Dv4 loads halfway off the screen and crashes

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
loknem

[RESOLVED] Reinstalled twice, P3Dv4 loads halfway off the screen and crashes

Post by loknem »

Hello everyone
My P3D has been working fine for about a week. Yesterday, after getting some ORBX freeware and buying Rex 4 with soft clouds my game went all wonky. The game loads fine initially, and I can set up my flight. Even if I dont touch anything, when I press to start and the loading window comes up it appears partly off the top of my screen and between my two monitors. My dual monitors worked fine otherwise, in an out of fullscreen.
It loads to 99%, and then what looks like a part of the header pops up and there is a beeping noise (I presume this is the F22), followed by the game crashing
I have reinstalled the game twice, both by removing all files by hand and using the setup to remove it, and then running the setup again. I also tried re-downloading the setup
There are no add-ons (other than VFX and ChasePlane, both of which I just deny access to so I don't think they are a factor.)
elmucki

Re: Reinstalled twice, P3Dv4 loads halfway off the screen and crashes

Post by elmucki »

If a Vanilla P3D works, obviously its not P3D, then another program is causing the error. As the ORBX .ddl is only in BETA, odds are that 'could' be an issue. Why not try installing one thing at a time until you get the crash? Then you found your culprit. Or, remove add ons until it stops.
Windows 11 x64 on a 4TB SSD | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X | TRX40 AORUS Master | 128GB DDR4 3600MHz | 1250W PSU | 2x EVGA RTX 3090 | P3D v5 and MSFS2020 on a 4TB SSD | Custom Corsair Hydro Cooling
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
loknem

Post by loknem »

Thanks
I managed to solve the problem
I did a fresh install but the issue persisted
When the small header window appeared i quickly made it fill the screen, and also experimented with alt+enter. From there i do not know what happened or what that did (if it even fixed the problem, which i dont understand why it would) but it now works.