Installing P3 V4 question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Rodney

Installing P3 V4 question

Post by Rodney »

I have installed P3V4 on a separate HD to the windows 10 operating system
I use to have FSX on that separate HD , when I uninstalled FSX I went through the registry to make sure all traces were gone I even checked the main HD were windows sits for any hidden folders etc
Upon installing P3 it wanted to default to the c program files , but I overrode and sent it to other driver
All works well but the problem is any 3rd party addon I have seems to think FSX is still there somewhere I feel as I have to manually add the third party with P3 scenery library . is it better to have P3 installed in C program files as suggested in the installing section of this forum and would I need to reformat the computer to ensure all FSX related folders and reg files are gone......... and if I do reformat will I need to deactivate my license before reformat ? as in the past on some other software I didn't deactivate before reformat and upon re install that same software thought it was another computer and wouldn't let me re activate.
Poppet

Re: Installing P3 V4 question

Post by Poppet »

Hello Rodney

Yes, You can Install Prepar3D to any location on your computer

Are you using only Prepar3D v4 compatible Add On Installers ?

------------

Yes, If you want to reformat your PC you will need to first Uninstall\Deactivate Prepar3D to avoid running into activation Issues

Please see here http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=125187