Error install P3D (Could not write value...)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
John Kremlev

Error install P3D (Could not write value...)

Post by John Kremlev »

I'm not a beginner and do the installation the prepar3d not for the first time and according to all the rules described on the forum. But, today i installed a new version the Windows10 (v.1703, build 15063.296) on clear PC. Now, when i install the simulator, an error occurs.

I press "skip" (four step), the prepar3d finishes the installation successfully. The prepar3d runs successfully, but when i try to install the SimConnect - second error.

SimConnect is not installed.
Please, help me install the simulator and the simconnet on new version Win10. System is clean.
Poppet

Re: Error install P3D (Could not write value...)

Post by Poppet »

Hello John

Very possibly your Antivirus Software is blocking the .msi file from completing.

Have you tried turning off all Antivirus Software and your Firewall and running the .msi file then ?

Also Turn of your User Account Control (UAC)

------------

To rule out an Issue with your current User Account try the following

Create a new Windows 10 User Account with Admin privileges, Log into this New account and run the .msi file to see if it completes ok

This will eliminate a possible corrupt User Account.

Let us know how you get on
Littlebird1981

Re: Error install P3D (Could not write value...)

Post by Littlebird1981 »

Following. I have the same problem. Did all the things needed to get a good and fresh install. Used the new client installer with hotfix, didn't have v4 installed (uninstalled it few weeks ago). Did remove al the maps, even from addons like A2A and ORBX. Even deleted some left-over items in the registry. Yes, i'm administator, even run it as admin and UA is disabled. I do not have antivirus, only using the Windows one.

I also get a error code (0x800xxxx) can't recall the exact code. Looked in the logfile and it had something to do with the MSI-package. Another error i had was cab1 file wich could not be opened. Now i installed v4 but with the errors wich give me a soundproblem. System and p3d sound is 100% but i do not have any sounds.

I dont wanna be rude but why do i have to be a programmer to get a sim working? I mean, i know games are not the same as P3D but atleast games doesnt give me any problems with installing. It's pretty much frustrating now.