P3D unusable after installation

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
stupipe

P3D unusable after installation

Post by stupipe »

Hello all,

I recently installed Prepar3D and upon installation i ran the program vanilla with default aircraft location and time and upon entering the cockpit view I had 60FPS which is the refresh rate of my monitor. When I changed the view to outside view the FPS immediately dropped to 3 FPS and the sim is pretty much unusable. I have uninstalled the program and removed the necessary files and reinstalled to no avail.

My current setup is an i7 6820HK OC 4GHZ, GTX1070, 16GB 2667mhz Corsair Vengance RAM, I have the sim installed on 250GB Samsumg 960 EVO NVMe PCI-Express.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am beyond frustrated as to why this is happening and wish to rectify it since I am an avid simmer and have invested a lot of $ in addons etc. I am not about to give up on P3D.

Kind regards,

Stuart
Poppet

Re: P3D unusable after installation

Post by Poppet »

Hello Stuart

Click here and go through the General Debugging Steps , Follow each of the steps and then report back