Need Specific Instructions to Update Installed PD3 v3.2 to v3.3.5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jrlaux

Need Specific Instructions to Update Installed PD3 v3.2 to v3.3.5

Postby jrlaux » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:24 pm

LM Tech Support:
Please provide specific instructions to update an existing P3D v3.2 install in Win 7 to v3.3.5. The installation guide is confusing and is not detailed. In one sentence the guide says to run the Client Updater (Client.msi?) and in the next its referring to a total uninstall, followed by reinstallation of the v3.3.5 download. This does not sound like an update to me. I see others on the forums are having problems as well.

I would like to maintain my current settings and Track IR function. The later took quite a bit of research to get operating since the LM software did not accommodate it in the v3.2 download package.
I would like to keep my current graphics settings and 3rd party aircraft if possible.

If this "update" does require a complete reinstall, then is it possible to keep my v3.2 install separate?

Thanks for your help,

JRLaux

Mike LM

Re: Need Specific Instructions to Update Installed PD3 v3.2 to v3.3.5

Postby Mike LM » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:07 pm

jrlaux -

Here is another guide, created by a member of the Prepar3D community. Hopefully, the rewording of the process will make it easier to update.

- Mike
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”