Bulk Removal of default joystick assignments

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
KelvinNZ

Postby KelvinNZ » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:38 am

Hi guys,

Quite a straight forward request really. I would like to see an option to be able to remove all joystick assignments, especially when you carry out a fresh install. By default Prepar3d assigns the installed hardware the particular functions , which have to be changed because, for example, it assigns my rudder pedals as ailerons, and I don't want that. So a simple button "delete all joystick assignments" would be great.

cheers,

Kelvin

FSMP

Postby FSMP » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:46 am

How often do you re-install ?

How long does it take to go and assign the Joystick Functions that YOU want ?

As the default, (or as you suggest No Default) need, to be changed, how much extra time does it take to de-assign their existing definition, before assigning a new one. ?

Just my 2 cents, but I think the P3D developers should spend their time working on far more needed changes.

Yes, every time I re-install P3D, I find that my THROTTLE is NOT assigned to the Throttle Lever on my MS SIdemaster FF2 Joystick, so yes, every six to nine months, I have to spend at least 30 seconds, after the re-install, changing that definition. I then go on to spend HOURS, recovering form system Crashes, and other far more time consuming and frustrating problems.

prathercreations

Postby prathercreations » Tue May 01, 2012 8:41 pm

I DEFINITELY agree with Kelvin! I've done many P3D installs and I noticed that the X,Y, and Z of every game controller automatically get assigned to Ailerons, Elevators and Rudders respectively. So if I have a yoke, throttle, rudder pedals and throttle quadrant all three controllers have overlapping assignments and I have to remember to delete 9 axis assignments on every install/upgrade.

I do agree with G that it's not a big priority, but definitely a point of aggravation during installation/upgrades.

Robert

imcp3137

Postby imcp3137 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 pm

+1

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Wed May 02, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Guys,

We have the ability to export and import control configuration files as xmls. So what you could do prior to a re-installation is to export the file and then re-import after. Check this feature out in the Controls Setup. This will set your controls up without having to re-do them each time. The file is saved in your root Prepar3D folder, so just copy it over to another directory if you are reinstalling. If you are setting up multiple simulators, as a lot of our customers are doing, you can just copy the file over into the directory and then import them.

In fact you can do this with all of the xmls to save your preferred settings.

John

FSMP

Postby FSMP » Thu May 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Nice Addition.

But the UI is really "strange" -- at least in XP.

Maybe someone at Lockheed should take another look at this.... ( enough said)

That being said, the resulting XML looks interesting.

Maybe by editing it, one can define P3D Keyboard control keys, to some of the other P3D functions that are not presented in the Keyboard Definition UI ?? That if useful.

KelvinNZ

Postby KelvinNZ » Fri May 04, 2012 2:53 am

Thanks John, so are you saying that if you export the xml file it will clear the default assignments and change to the assignments assigned at the time of export. I have noticed at least in FSX that even when importing the controls it still keeps the default assignments. However I have not tried this in the latest revision of Prepar3d.

Return to “Prepar3D Feature Requests”