Airport Community

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
ahuimanu

Airport Community

Post by ahuimanu »

While perhaps the layouts of the airports improved in 5.x from the taxiway/runway perspective, the airport environment in P3D is woefully behind. Further, for some reason, the parking placement is now so inadequate that it presents a serious regression in the product.

While the P3D SDK is mature, the seemingly hand-crafted manner in which any stock scenery is developed in house is slow and will never bring P3D up to par with other platforms.

Other platforms have facilitated both the tooling and repository for end-user/community submissions and perhaps the providence of these tools, and the infrastructure to accept community submissions, would strengthen P3D. It would seem improvements and corrections by hand on the part of one or two of your employees will never compete with using those same employees to supervise and coordinate community submissions.

As I view my patronage of P3D to be a longer-term investment, I'd like to see that investment preserved. I can't accept that base aesthetics are not part of the overall product character when both VR and a modern rendering engine are intrinsic parts of what appears to be your product development strategy.

The deficiencies in the rendered world, particularly in the airport environment, is an ever-growing Achilles heel.

Thank you for considering this.