New Graphic Engine to Leverage New Video Cards

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Airwolf

New Graphic Engine to Leverage New Video Cards

Postby Airwolf » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi guys,

How are you guys doing? I am sure you guys are already know where this post will go. You all get this requested this the most.

Can you guys do a full upgrade to the rendering engine. P3D just doesn't leverage my new RTX 2070 Super at all. Frames are still low. The engine just can't seem to handle with addon's and autogen. I mean it works fine but new rendering engine will do wonders. Even help in VR as VR needs all the fps.

Breaking away from FSX has to happen some way or the other. Very grateful for having 64bit and improved graphics; just looking forward to your next update whenever that is.

Have a fantastic day,

Cheers,

Airwolf

CplDaniel

Re: New Graphic Engine to Leverage New Video Cards

Postby CplDaniel » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:17 am

Most users appear to conclude P3D is generally more CPU limited than GPU limited. Your comment appears to support that traditional view. Raise the number of texture Poly's and draw distances if you wanna push your video card's work rate higher without resorting to a higher-resolution display output.

Of course, I say P3d is infinitely scalable with enough settings available to max out any high-speed machine
Daniel

Return to “Prepar3D Feature Requests”