Instant Replay

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Kanoasurf2

Instant Replay

Post by Kanoasurf2 »

I know in the whole schemen of things this may not be really important but I miss very much a proper "Instant Replay" tool, I mean one that works like the former "FS recorder", a tool that does not stutter, show the animations and AI traffic. To be honest from the time of FSX the re-play feature has never been really worth; better than nothing though.

However with the level of realism achieved now by P3D 4.5 (and previous versions) I think time has come for a proper tool that make justice to the replay and allow for a wider enjoiment of our flying progress.

Happy anyway, this is just a suggestion.

Best

Kano
fairflyer

Re: Instant Replay

Post by fairflyer »

+1

At least no stuttering would be a huge improvement.
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

My workaround for instant replay without stutter: change view to "locked spot view"
Kanoasurf2

Post by Kanoasurf2 »

I would like to know if LM doesn't really give a toast about this simple humble facility, extremely helpful for learning and practicing in particular when landing... I'm not asking for something complex, or fancy... just a replay that captures all that was in the scenery, add-ons included and its animations, with a smooth play, just that. FRAPPS was not a very complex tool if youtake out the recording bit.

I'm also puzzled taht the community doesn't want it either.

Best

Kano
Kanoasurf2

Post by Kanoasurf2 »

It is really exciting the inminent release of P3D5, and just for to mention a couple of goodies, the slooped runways and the point by point contact effect... now is when my suggestion of a good reply facility makes even more sense, it would provide the satisfaction of watching again and again a hard-to-perform cross-wind landing in a slooped rwy.... please please please Lockhead Martin, please, considerer it, something simple but that does the trick properly.

I'll kep dreaming, perhaps one day...

Best and thank you for the already great simulator.

a
jemr69

Post by jemr69 »

I agree with this request. It would be very helpful if a tool like the old FS Recorder from FSX times would be added to P3D. FS Recorder has been distontinued for many years, but perhaps the author could still be contacted and may agree to sell or give up his latest software code to LM for further development.
Kanoasurf2

Post by Kanoasurf2 »

jemr69 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:37 pm I agree with this request. It would be very helpful if a tool like the old FS Recorder from FSX times would be added to P3D. FS Recorder has been distontinued for many years, but perhaps the author could still be contacted and may agree to sell or give up his latest software code to LM for further development.
I think FS recorder is what I wanted to mean instead of FRAPS, yes, it was a simple beautiful tool that gave me lots and lots of reward... please LM please...
Kanoasurf2

Post by Kanoasurf2 »

14463 visits, the second most visited in the front page... (there is one over 15000 but it's a mistake, not a request) and P3D doesn't say a word... I know that data means little, but definitively shows that it is a feaure that does attract interest... Just expessing my surprise, by no means a complaint, I really like P3D and is the one I use.

It will be interesting to see who will be implementing it first (if at all) and better, P3D or MS...

Cheers