Redone default airports and UI

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
CYLON

Redone default airports and UI

Post by CYLON »

Hello, long time user of Prepar3d since version 3 and it's Microsoft predecessors. I want to say that it would be nice to have high quality renditions of at least the top 40 major airports in the world straight out of the box in P3D. Renditions that are similar in quality to content produced by the current major 3rd party airport makers. It would also be nice if at least the textures of every other airport where improved as well. To be frank, the textures of non major airports haven't been touched in 15 years or more and it really shows. I feel like asking for a complete redo of ALL the airports is too much, but everybody that uses this simulator honestly DOES wish for that.

If stepping on the toes of addon makers is the concern, there is other simulations that look vastly better out of the box and still have diverse and profitable eco-systems for addons as well.

I also want to say that it would be nice have an improved UI where all the aircraft the user has is not all jumbled up in the same list. It would be nice to have something more like X-Plane 11, where you click on the picture of the aircraft and then enter a sub menu where you can preview and change your camouflage scheme or livery as you see fit.

I feel like these things are what is really holding back P3D at the moment and I kindly hope you take these things into consideration for a future update.
sho69607

Re: Redone default airports and UI

Post by sho69607 »

I second this. Lots of work has been done to update the FSX platform and bring it into this decade as P3D, but one area that still needs work are the generic buildings and airports that all look the same.