Borderless window

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Aceone

Borderless window

Post by Aceone »

Hi all,

for users that have only one display, this would be a great feature that allows to play in window mode without the immersion breaking border above and the task bar at the bottom in the current window mode. (I know that one can hide the task bar but is this necessary to do for every flight?)
One can access charts or other needed tools during flight by only pressing the "Windows" key and choose the needed tab. This also is a better solution than switching between window mode and full screen during flight.
Please think about it.
aeronauta

Re: Borderless window

Post by aeronauta »

You could change in C:\Users\YOUR_ID\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\prepar3d.cfg ..

[MAIN]
HideMenuFullscreen=0 to 1..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Aceone

Post by Aceone »

HideMenuFullscreen=0 to 1.. is already on 1

I didn't mean that the menu should be hidden, I mean the border above the menu. At the end windowed mode should look the same as fullscreen.
bstikkel

Post by bstikkel »

And just Alt + Enter does not do the tric you want ?
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Alt-Enter is the borderless window mode. It is not technically a full screen mode at all, despite it taking up the full screen.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

If you want to only remove the borders from the window without it filling the screen uncheck the "Auto-fill Main View" in the Options->Graphics->Display menu.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
peterk41

Post by peterk41 »

In the meantime google for FSX borderless tool and use this little utility up to P3D v4.2. No Framerate changes.