Oculus Rift and ATC windows

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
jef32

Oculus Rift and ATC windows

Post by jef32 »

Hi from France

You've just released the new patch and there is no ATC windows in Oculus Rift again. I know that Flyinside have juste released their P3D V4 version but it's not as before. Before we can't compare and if we wanted the VR mode, we had to use flyinside. But P3D became VR native and the display is nice, even in a far distance, with the HDR colours we want, unless there's no ATC windows in the VR Helmet and it's totally handicapping to use your soft. So i've bought the new Flyinside and I deeply regret. I thought that flyinside just could use your parameters and the beauty of the display you give us in VR mode since the just previous version of P3D ( end 686) and could just add what you've missed ( ATC windows in VR and easy clicks on cockpits items ) but nothing of that.

With Flyinside, we must turn off the HDR, i see many flickers on far objects like if it wasn't anisotropic, the colours are drab with no HDR and the display is ugly even with higher definition and we must switch windows in aero mode needing more ressources.

So i sincerely hope that you will fix the ATC windows problem and clickable problem for your next version of P3D V4.

Thanks !
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1
SimDeck

Re: Oculus Rift and ATC windows

Post by SimDeck »

I have done exactly same in that I deeply regret buying flyinside now (that's twice) P3D is so close to getting VR right. Being able to click stuff and have windows inside the cockpit is a must.

I also get those shimmering views but always get the bone reply from flyinside to "mess around with your settings"
jef32

Post by jef32 »

On a french forum, flyinside, in a perfect french language, told me that it's just a settings question too.
I think that they realize that exclusiveness time for VR in P3D is over and they did not seize the chance to give so good performances than LM and they brandish me the fact that lot of customers use their products and are very satisfied.

I just answered them that until now we hadn't possibility of comparison. But now....
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1
John_Clayton

Post by John_Clayton »

jef32 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 pm
But P3D became VR native and the display is nice, even in a far distance, with the HDR colours we want, unless there's no ATC windows in the VR Helmet and it's totally handicapping to use your soft. So i've bought the new Flyinside and I deeply regret.

With Flyinside, we must turn off the HDR
It might be a good suggestion to let FlyInside know to include HDR in an upcoming version. You could post something in their forum to let them know that this is important. I would have purchased FlyInside myself, but without HDR, I will not.
jef32

Post by jef32 »

I'm disapointed

New version of P3D (4.2) and not ATC window in VR yet !
Vince00

Post by Vince00 »

I as well own FlyInside - Native VR looks great and did a full flight last night with it and was better. Great Improvement, But I REALLY NEED to be able to click windows like the GPS, or bring up my additional A2A windows IN VR similar to Flyinside.

Is this a feature being worked on, or expected at some point? Please say Yes.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback! It is extremely important to us as we develop a more robust native VR.

While I can't divulge the future plans of Prepar3D, please know we value our user input and take everything into consideration.

Thanks again for your support!

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
BernieG

Post by BernieG »

For the next P3D VR update, we definitely need: 1) a zoom view toggle feature, and 2) ATC inside the VR headset.
Then you will have cracked making VR a real functional tool for training.

Bernie