Speed up joining multiplayer or auto-join directly (cmd line?)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
jgrose

Speed up joining multiplayer or auto-join directly (cmd line?)

Post by jgrose »

Hello,

I'm working on a project involving multiple participants with P3D and I need some help on how to speed up the process of joining a multiplayer game. It's unfortunate that P3D seems to need to load an entire scenario just to access the multiplayer menu - this really slows it down and complicates the process when trying to run a game with 40+ people. So my two questions:

- Is there a way to make P3D join a multiplayer game directly from startup (like a cmd line switch or modify a config file)?

- If I can't do the above, any other ways to speed up the process of joining a multiplayer session?

Thanks!
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Speed up joining multiplayer or auto-join directly (cmd line?)

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi jgrose,

There are command line switches that are specific to multiplayer as well as the ability to set up custom config files.

In the "Prepar3D SDK" article in the Learning Center you will see a section for Command Line Switches. There are a few different command line switches for multiplayer.

In this section there is also the -net setting that allows you to point Prepar3D to custom MP config files. These custom files allow you to specify things like auto sign on, auto start, user names, and more. You may also want to have a look at the Sample Network Configuration Files that are shipped with the SDK.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.