multiplayer controller freeze

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
dbw

multiplayer controller freeze

Post by dbw »

Please excuse me if this is not permitted but I have posted this in the hardware section as well. It's simply that I'm stumped and looking for a solution before removing and reinstalling P3dV3. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P3dV3:
Controller: Saitek X-65

After entering multiplayer after approx 1 minute the controllers freeze up. This includes every button on the controllers including for example the hat switch to pan vision. Interestingly the aircraft (VRS F18) can be controlled by the autopilot.

In single player mode the X-65 works fine.

I've tried a "Repair" function and no change.

All settings, calibrations are correct to the best of my knowledge. I've had someone who has a good knowledge level inspect this and the only suggestion hnow is to remove and reinstall P3dV3.

Before I do this any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dave
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: multiplayer controller freeze

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Dave,

Can you provide more details about the multiplayer set up? Are you hosting or joining an existing session? Are you connecting via the lobby browser or by direct IP? Are you using shared cockpit?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.