MP for some doesn't mean MP for others.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
badapple

MP for some doesn't mean MP for others.

Post by badapple »

I've been reading the forum postings tonight for a long long time. I have come to the conclusion that not everyone is speaking the same language. Huh? I mean, we all type in English but the lingo is different.

With this said I am talking about MP (Multi-Player).

There are some people who think of MP as nothing more than using the "network" connection in the drop down menu for connecting to others directly for a flight session. Thats fine. Thats good. But you do have to know the other persons IP address and properly set the ports for that connection. These people as I read, think this is the only way possible to fly Multi Player sessions with Prepar3D.

Then you have the other people (like myself) who connect to other network IP addresses, which there are hundreds to choose from, to fly hoplists or provide training sessions with others across the world. This has always been with the assistance of a small program called FSHostClient. These people connect to many many other pilots around the world and think the people who connect using only the "network" drop down menu don't know whats going on.

From reading the posts the later seems to be true. A person who I can tell has been connecting using FSHostClient make a forum post that he is unable to connect to anything with Prepar3Dv4 when last week he could connect to anyone with v3. This person who made the post was answered by a person who uses only the Network dropdown menu item and trys to tell the guy to configure his ports etc at 6114 blah blah blah. Well, that wont' work with all of the IP's connected to the Master server of FSHostClient. Then the guy answering also goes on to say........... this is the only way to connect to someone in LM P3D. How laughable. How misguided. And its not on purpose. It is lack of knowledge.

As of this post, July 3, 2017, there is no "simconnect" for FSHostClient for people using Prepar3Dv4. Since this is a third party add-on problem I can tell you that it is being worked on and soon those who have enjoyed connecting to hundreds of different IPs will be able to do so. We just need to be patient.

My main point in this post is when writing a new topic about "Non connection" issues. Please be specific. Some people think you are referring to the drop down menu "Network" item. Others are referring to FSHostClient. Its actually kind of funny watching two people think they are talking about the same thing but really are not.

Be specific.

Steve