multiplayer problems

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
nat737supper

multiplayer problems

Postby nat737supper » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:32 pm

hello so i have a problem with multi player when i try and create a host and hit go it comes up with a message about being kicked back to the lobby yes or no if yes takes me make to lobby and if i hit no flights sim loads and shuts s down.]

regards

nat

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: multi player problems

Postby Adam Breed » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:41 am

Nat,

What version of Prepar3D are you running? Do you have any add-ons installed?

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

BG2518

Postby BG2518 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Our group is frequently kicked from our server v3.4 HF2 to ALL.

Didn't happen v3.3

YES we all do use VARIOUS add-ons of course.

Nothing NEW in terms of add-ons.

Tested using default P3D aircraft and have same results - Kicked OFTEN.

MP just doesn't work well any more simple as that.

BG2518-Bob

ervski

Postby ervski » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 pm

To add to BG2518 comment, we did a test on another server with same results. Default and/or payware acft did not seem to have an impact. Of 5 members connected, only two remain connected after approx 30 min of flying. Our group generally only make one hour flights due time zones.

Thanks!

erv/erv49

ATCS Radar

Postby ATCS Radar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:39 pm

To add to the problems above, this seems to only have happened since the last hotfixes.

Also, when I log on to a session with a default aircraft I get gauges and windows that were not on the original load in free flight before logging on to a session. Also a new development.

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Postby Adam Breed » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:25 pm

All,

Thanks for the reports. It would be helpful to have the following information outlined in this forum topic:

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

We do extensive multiplayer testing and exercise in house and do not see the issues you are reporting, so detailed reproduction steps will be helpful in recreating. Also, a complete list of add-ons is very important. Some major add-ons are known to directly access dlls, which could cause significant issues with timing/packets in multiplayer. Even if an add-on worked with the previous version, it might need to be updated to support the newest Prepar3D version.

To those reporting the issue only began with the hotfixes, what version works correctly for your group?

ATCS Radar, what default aircraft shows you gauges/windows you did not load?

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: multiplayer problems

Postby Clifton Crane » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Hello,

Do you see the disconnect issue when using the Lobby View to Join Session or Connect Directly?

Is shared cockpit mode being utilized in these sessions?

Do the disconnects appear more frequently with more players in the session (5+)?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.

ATCS Radar

Postby ATCS Radar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello Adam,

When I open any of the default aircraft in multiplayer I end up with open gauges on the screen...no matter what view I am looking at. For instance when I load the Carenado A36 Bonanza P3D loading the aircraft from the outside view, on the screen is the Control_window and a mini panel on the bottom. With the Beech_King_Air_350 I get the throttle quadrant, warning annunciator and another window that just has 00.00.00 in it....I don't even know what that is! Again this only happens when in the multiplayer mode.....same aircraft in free flight....no issues.

I also attempted to create my own multiplayer session this morning and after it running for about 3 minutes.....I got the message that I was removed by the server. I was the server!!!!

Only addons are:
FTX/Orbx scenery
A2A Accufeel
FSUIPC

All of this seems to have begun since the 2 Hotfixes.

Thanks for responding!

ATCS Radar

Postby ATCS Radar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 pm

If we are having an issue now with Hotfix 1 or 2 can we go back with the 3.4 original to see if it still exists and still connects with others using the hotfixes?

BG2518

Postby BG2518 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 am

Adam,

I have to say that to get ALL the info you ask for via ALL the MP members who are scattered across the world is probably impossible. Without all of it in the group sessions disconnect issues problem you'll not resolve the issue I guess?

I shall TRY to collate some data not least to help us all understand where our own issues generally may be and if complete enough can send to you.

I note that our ATCS Radar - Tony has told you of his small compact amount of add-ons and has told you that he gets kicked from even his own sessions.

I think that this in it's own right is enough evidence that MP is a bit broke.

If you fix that single user issue you may probably fix the issue for us all?

I suggest you focus on that first - what do you think?

BTW - late news.....of a working MP session.......

We did ONE session last evening with 3 items unchecked in P3D MP

Players can share vehicle
Players can use Professional Plus Features
Host can pause session for everyone

All other options were as default. It worked for the hour we had available as a group with NO disconnects.

I can't tell which of these or combination of these options worked as our group only has the 1 hour to be together to fly. The majority are unable/unwilling to spend that time beta testing something they consider to have been working and which did not through no fault of theirs (as they see it). Not trying to be rude - just saying it as it is so you get the full picture of what you are dealing with externally when beta testing MP (effectively). Most simply don't have the time available. I try to help of course but I too have a full time job and all the other commitments of life to contend with.

Personally I think as we are all academic users and don't do sharing (generally) and have no reason for the dedicated server machine to pause anyone then these option switches set to OFF are sensible and likely reduce data traffic and possible system-wide data timing/sync confusion where all our members are connected across the internet except me! (LAN).

Note I have never been disconnected which confirms to me this is timing related.

One member from Israel seemed to be being disconnected far more frequently than others (has slowish internet) and another chap who is on a poor speed home wi-fi internet connection also flits in and out like a ghost (he is getting on a bit and we tell him not to worry because he'll be a real ghost before long anyway - lol).

I think our Tony's suggestion to "go backwards" from HF2 to 3.4 is the wrong approach especially as some in the group (who this affected more) seem to differ as to when they ever DID NOT have the issue. We, as a group did a big leap from v2.5 to v3.4 and I think it was when they were all at v2.5 that they had server connect stability of a nature that did not cause them to be upset. So, lets see what our small adjustment on the options gives us for the short term and perhaps we can give more feedback as to this (hopeful) stability over the next few weeks.

It doesn't solve this issue but if it doesn't affect us it isn't an issue for us I suppose?

Thanks and hope some of the above helps.

BG2518-Bob.

ATCS Radar

Postby ATCS Radar » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Is anyone looking into the multiplayer issues??????

BG2518

Postby BG2518 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:41 am

I suspect LM are looking at this Tony but not with the level of response you want.

We can get MP to work if we don't check all the available option boxes so we and they know there is a reported failure of MP in this regard which will be keeping them up at night along with 64 bit P3D of course. There is only so many hours in the day!

Your failure to MP with yourself is something I think LM will want to "turn a blind eye to" as do we all.

Return to “Multiplayer Specific Questions”