I need help with Multiplayer please. How may I share my cockpit's view with a friend?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
danielg

I need help with Multiplayer please. How may I share my cockpit's view with a friend?

Post by danielg »

Hi, I need to practice some maneuvers with a friend. He has P3D v3.2 and I have also P3D v3.2
What we need is the following.
He want to start his P3D, and create an online session in which he can share the cockpit's view with me.
How can we do that?
If I go to... Network... Multiplayer... I am asked for my multiplayer login name...
okay I introduce my name...
press sign in...
I see a window... but I don't see any session opened? nobody is playing P3D in the whole world?
weird...
well anyway I have 2 buttons there...
Connect Directly IP and Host Session...
so I don't know very well how to make this work?
We want that exactly: He start P3D and share the cockpit with me, in such a way I can see how he is flying and operating the instruments inside the cockpit, so I can take notes and learn.
How can we do that?
I would appreciate if you tell us the steps to follow in both computers, his computer and my computer, to make this possible please.
Cheers
Mike LM

Re: I need help with Multiplayer please. How may I share my cockpit's view with a friend?

Post by Mike LM »

This is documented in the Learning Center under Prepar3D Product > Multiplayer > Sharing an Aircraft. I'd recommend starting your search for information there.

If you have more "starting" multiplayer questions, there are also pages on how to host a multiplayer session, and how to join one in the same section in the Learning Center.

- Mike
danielg

Re: I need help with Multiplayer please. How may I share my cockpit's view with a friend?

Post by danielg »

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.
There is a lot of information in the Learning Center, perhaps I am not understanding it well.
I don't know very well if multiplayer is only for LAN (people inside my house, in different computers connected to my router)... or if multiplayer is also for players in other places of the world, that can connect to my host session via internet?
Are both possibilities available or just for LAN players?
And also I don't see documented if a player can share it's cockpit view with other player?
Cheers
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

Multiplayer can be done across networks. If you're having trouble finding your friend's computer, you can use the "connect directly" button.

Yes, you can share your aircraft with another user in your multiplayer session. For specific steps, please look at the Learning Center for "Multiplayer Sharing an Aircraft".

- Mike
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Daniel, multiplayer is great and very easy to setup, I fly with people all over the world, to do it you need..

P3D same version for all clients and Host. (say P3D V3.2)
Internet The Host needs to instruct the router to allow data that comes directed to ports 6112-6122 to your PC and if you use a firewall in the router the data that goes to your PC Prepar3d.exe.(clients dont need this)
(look in the web for your router brand "Forwarding Ports" and you get the instructions from there). You also have to allow your PC firewall to allow data to go to Prepar3d.exe.
once all this is done , start P3D and select the AC and Airport you wish to fly, , in Menu go to network>Multiplayer enter user name (any you fancy) and then choose sign in, in the next screen click "Host session" (review the additional options )>OK>
Chose your scenario options... (self explanatory), > OK> Connecting... then GO...Launch the dist..? YES you are now in multiplayer and the clients can Join.
The client then have to get your IP Address ... go to the web and search for MY IP... this will produce your IP address in the form of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx this series of digits are your IP and you have to inform yur clients of this....
They then start P3D go to network, and follow the same but select Join session..this will need the IP address that you obtained. follow the prompts and they are in... ENJOY...

As Mike said all this is in the Learning Centre ...hope this helps..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
cookedinlh

Re: I need help with Multiplayer please. using P3Dv3.3

Post by cookedinlh »

Just loaded new P3D v3.5.5 . . and cannot connect in Multi . . .I've been pointed back here from several forum and still have the same issue.
Ports are set as you note and have double checked and tried various well known and previously used hosts IPs
"unable to connect"
Firewall OFF or ON with P3D authorized . . Virus protection ON or OFF, it cannot connect.
Everything was fine with P3Dv2.5 . . any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
cooked again
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

cookedinlh -

Are all of the computers using the same version of Prepar3D? Because of some changes in the hotfix, v3.3.3 will not work with v3.3.5. Double check the IP addresses of all of the computers involved. Does v2 work without changing any hardware? You can have v2 and v3 installed concurrently, so testing this shouldn't be difficult.

- Mike