Problems with Saitek Controls

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
halawra

Post by halawra »

Hi,

Have been excited to have Prepar3d V2. However, deception and frustration started as soon as the sim loaded. The F22 has full throttle on and it started to spin and then crashed. Regardless what I do during the countless trials, I am still suffering. I tried configuring the controls, calibrating them, etc... with no good results. I had to disable to the control from settings screen to fix the issue, but then what can I do without these controls???. Should I go back to our dear FSX?

I have the full setup of Saitek (Yoke, Rudder, Throttle, Trim Wheel, Radios Panel, Autopilot Panel, as well as 6 FIPs). the Panels and FIPs are not working. Yoke is fine, trim wheel is functioning, however I believe the Throttle is the one causing the whole issue, and regardless what airplane I chose and the configurations and/or calibration I do, the sim always starts with full throttle and the plane starts spinning on the ground then crahes.

Any one has any cure for this problem.

Many thanks

(i7 3930k 3.2 GHz 6 cores, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GTX 580 3GB GDDR5)

D-Man

Post by D-Man »

Quote:
Quote from halawra on November 27, 2013, 13:47

Hi,

Have been excited to have Prepar3d V2. However, deception and frustration started as soon as the sim loaded. The F22 has full throttle on and it started to spin and then crashed. Regardless what I do during the countless trials, I am still suffering. I tried configuring the controls, calibrating them, etc... with no good results. I had to disable to the control from settings screen to fix the issue, but then what can I do without these controls???. Should I go back to our dear FSX?

I have the full setup of Saitek (Yoke, Rudder, Throttle, Trim Wheel, Radios Panel, Autopilot Panel, as well as 6 FIPs). the Panels and FIPs are not working. Yoke is fine, trim wheel is functioning, however I believe the Throttle is the one causing the whole issue, and regardless what airplane I chose and the configurations and/or calibration I do, the sim always starts with full throttle and the plane starts spinning on the ground then crahes.

Any one has any cure for this problem.

Many thanks

(i7 3930k 3.2 GHz 6 cores, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GTX 580 3GB GDDR5)

I had the same issue.....

Check rudder is centered... mine was full left causing the aircraft to make left hand ground circles.

D-Man
halawra

Post by halawra »

Hi D-Man

thanks for your reply, it gave me a hint on a rudder issue. so after testing and tweaking, I discovered that my issue was not caused by the rudder itself. The Trim Wheel was configured as a rudder trim Axis. So I fixed the Trim wheel issue and now it is fine, however I still have one problem, when the sim loads with aircraft on the ground it comes up with full throttle. I have to quickly move the throttle a notch and return it to idle so that the plane settle down on the runway. This was a long time issues that I also had with P3D v1.4. I wonder if anyone in this community can help me fix this problem.

Waterman981

Post by Waterman981 »

Best advice I can give you is to disable the controllers in P3D completely. It's just a simple checkbox, and only disables the addon controllers, not the default keyboard assignments. Then use FSUIPC to make all your assignments. Rather than having to go in to each controller and remove all the duplicate entries for the buttons (existing or not, such as buttons 1-10 for your rudder pedals), FSUIPC will be blank, so you can start with just what you want to assign. FSX used to reassign buttons to my controllers after I had removed them, since switching to using FSUIPC completely I've been much happier. So when P3D 2.0 was released I went straight to it.

Also... for the panels, look into SPAD. Works great. For the FIP's you'll need to create an exe.xml (same place as the prepar3d.cfg) and make sure it has just the lines for the FIP's. Refer to your FSX install to see how it looked (and if the Saitek entry is the only one you can just use that exe.xml).
halawra

Post by halawra »

Thank you. I will try that tonight. I have a registered copy of FSUIPC but never used it to setup my controls. I tried once and did not know how to do it so I gave it up. I will try though tonight to have a new go on the subject.
colang

Post by colang »

I had the same issue with saitek pro flight yoke and pedals.

Yes, fsuipc could be a good workaround but a product that claims to be professional and not a game, it MUST WORK out of the box with all the mainly used controllers and interfaces on the market, without use software produced by third parties.

For the payed price, whatever it is, a customer has the right to have a fully functional product without the need to use other external software from other vendor.

I'm speaking about the Saitek pro flight yoke and pedals, not about a new yoke from an unknown manufacturer. They are among the most used in the flight simulation world.

And they works perfectly with FSX, P3D 1.4 and others softwares, so it is not a drivers issue; simply Prepar3D v2 don't detect correctly the axis, even they are presents and perfectly working in the operating system.

I can not believe that beta testers didn't noticed a so obvious malfunction.

I think this is a major bug that has to be fixed.
hjmx

Post by hjmx »

Quote:
Quote from colang on November 28, 2013, 04:43

I had the same issue with saitek pro flight yoke and pedals.

Yes, fsuipc could be a good workaround but a product that claims to be professional and not a game, it MUST WORK out of the box with all the mainly used controllers and interfaces on the market, without use software produced by third parties.

For the payed price, whatever it is, a customer has the right to have a fully functional product without the need to use other external software from other vendor.

I'm speaking about the Saitek pro flight yoke and pedals, not about a new yoke from an unknown manufacturer. They are among the most used in the flight simulation world.

And they works perfectly with FSX, P3D 1.4 and others softwares, so it is not a drivers issue; simply Prepar3D v2 don't detect correctly the axis, even they are presents and perfectly working in the operating system.

I can not believe that beta testers didn't noticed a so obvious malfunction.

I think this is a major bug that has to be fixed.

+1

Hope LM will find a quick solution

Harry
rgbinns

Post by rgbinns »

Just been over to Pete Dowson's site and he says "The version of FSUIPC for the released version of P3D v2 is not available yet. I was on holiday! I will release it when I've done it, probably before the weekend!"
pkofman

Post by pkofman »

I had a x52 throttle issue, check the p3d contol set up. Hit the axis button. then change the assignment

Throttle did not work on my rig and then this fixed it 100%

( it tok me a while to figure it out )

Hope it works

BTW I do have the last fsuipc installed , I thought at first that it was the issue but I was incorrect

Simple re-assignment resolved the problem

Peter
colang

Post by colang »

Unfortunately it doesn't work, as when you try to change the assignment the axis movement is not detected by Prepar3Dv2
colang

Post by colang »

After a lot of tries I found a workaround.

Imported controls configuration from the file generated by P3D 1.4 and then deleted double axis assigments.

So good so far.
rgbinns

Post by rgbinns »

First version of FSUIPC to support the released version 2.0 of Prepar3D can be had from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/
halawra

Post by halawra »

We all owe a big thank you to the Beta Tester. Amazing how all these bugs were never discovered prior to release. Was LM in rush to release a bug-full disappointing version of P3D? I am too frustrated, have tried too many options. but still having issues with controls:

1- after installation of FSUIPC 4.923, P3D starting crashing with fatal errors

2- When P3D load, the option "Enable Controls" is checked again and therefore the throttle is again on full and I need to nudge it

quickly to have the airplane settle to idle.

3- many issues here and there that are also listed on many other posts on this forum.

I am planning to go back to FSX, more fun and more stable; especially that I have invested thousands of bucks in 3rd party addons that I can enjoy. I am not planning to invest any in P3D addons if it stays as it is now.

will wait the next service pack update and see how it goes. But no more time of flying using this simulator.
colang

Post by colang »

Beta testers??

Up to now there are so many bugs to be solved and workarounds needed to use this release.

In front of a 1.4 version with some clues but "Rock solid" we have for now a 2.0 release good for a test environment, not yet for a "production" one.

It's a software with great perspectives and potentiality, but need a robust revision, at least a service pack.

I would be surprised to know that a flight school is using it in its current release.