[RESOLVED] P3D does not recognise my monitor.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
PeterWebber

Post by PeterWebber »

Try this, in your prepar3D.cfg change in [Main] Maximized=2 (if it is =1) and try.

that starts P3d in windowed mode, =1 is full scree.

regards Jorge
Peter Webber
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Try this, in your prepar3D.cfg change in [Main] Maximized=2 (if it is =1) and try.

that starts P3d in windowed mode, =1 is full scree.

regards Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
PeterWebber

Post by PeterWebber »

Thanks...will try it out and let you know the outcome....does P3D run best in windowed mode? My FSX is in full screen mode and recognizes my monitor without any problem.
Peter Webber
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Peter, yes as does fsx, they seem to run smoothly, don't know why.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
slayer616

Post by slayer616 »

Fullscreen is always faster. Sometimes you can get multiple instances of monitors in your Prepar3d.cfg and it confuses the program. In your case there should only be 2 Probably something close to 560.0 and 560.1 You may also want to check that both are using the same settings for AF and AA. I've seen them come up different and had to hand edit. For refrence here's what mine looks like so you know what to look for:

[display.device.nvidia geforce gtx 680.0.0]

mode = 5880x1080x32

anisotropic = 1

antialias = 1

[display.device.nvidia geforce gtx 680.0.1]

mode = 1024x768x32

anisotropic = 1

antialias = 1

Also are you using HDMI? maybe you have a cheap cable that is giving you issues?
PeterWebber

Post by PeterWebber »

Thanks Jorge and Slayer for the tips....much appreciated. I will be away from my pc for a few days but when i try out your suggestions will let you guys know. Slayer, i am using HDMI...FSX has no issues, just p3d....my display device entries in fsx.cfg and p3d.cfg files are identical...only 1 device listed:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M .0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

Trilinear=1

i also use nvidia inspector with identical settings for fsx and p3d.

Only difference is that i run p3d in widescreen, but not fsx....

Regards..
Peter Webber
slayer616

Post by slayer616 »

Funny that you don't have 2 shown I think it needs to be there for fullscreen to work across both displays at the same time. As a test you could remove or rename your prepar3d.cfg and let it rebuild a new one.

Where you choose your resolution for your monitor in the display settings there should be a dropdown that allows you to select which screen you are setting the resolution for.(in the sim that is)
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

That is normal, it is because he does not use Antialiasing, not ticked in the display section.

Peter can you look in your fsx.cfg? you should have 2 entries for [Display device.... one for the native laptop and one for the external, check the same in prepar3d.cfg.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
PeterWebber

Post by PeterWebber »

hi again...after a bit of experimentation, it seems Jorge has the answer....in windowed mode, all works well..full screen mode was the problem....in windowed mode, i can toggle between screens, etc...in full screen mode i must start up p3d on the external monitor otherwise it won't go....strange that fsx doesn't have the same problem..thanks again..Jorge i only have 1 entry for display device as shown above....in p3d and fsx.
Peter Webber
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Good to hear thet Peter, interesting that you only have one display entry in fsx and p3d, I have 2 monitors in my PC and each one has one with his particular settings and res, in Displat do you have a dropdown to show both mons??

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
PeterWebber

Post by PeterWebber »

The windows control panel display option shows up my asus monitor as a 2nd display, but not in any of the drop downs in the p3d or fsx settings menu. also not displayed in the cfg files.
Peter Webber
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Interesting as the .cfg file always reflects the number of monitors (Display) that you have in the system.I n ant case you are now good to go, enjoy P3D!!

Jorge

Jorge Roldan