Supported number of monitors less than ESP

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
twillinger

Post by twillinger »

ESP allowed for at least 10 physical monitors attached to a single image of the software. It appears that P3D only allows 8 physical monitors. What would it take to get a patch to either 1.3 or 1.4 to bring this back to the ESP standard?
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

The source code MS provided us for ESP had the max device count defined as 4. We increased this to 8 in P3D v1.0 and future releases will see this increase to 16. I made the change myself, so I would be quite surprised if ESP really did support more devices than Prepar3D. Are you sure you weren't using additional software or hardware (EyeFinity, NVSurround, Tripple Head To Go, etc) to fake out the OS?. The system will generally perform better if you use one of the aforementioned software/hardware solutions to represent multiple physical monitors as a single virtual monitor. This is especially true if you plan to use 3D views. Prepar3D 1.4 is Gold Certified for EyeFinity and has been tested internally pushing 2 6-monitor groups for a total of 12 displays.

Thanks,

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect