[ANSWERED] Out of memory

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Beauregard

Post by Beauregard »

thanks, this is indeed an interesting document. but it is primarely about optimizing on another level, my Prepar3D crashes already with RAD 4.5 and global texture to 1024. The only addon I have is aerosoft airbus X.

I understand that physical memory is not the problem, but I definetely miss instructions from Lockheed Martin. It is quite annoying, that I spent now already at least 20 hours just to make this system run. I would expect from a software produced, that he gives clear instructions, how to do configurations relating to the available hardware. For example I have no idea, whether the problem has also something to do with my graphic card or not. Beside that they obviously introduced a problem, which was not present with FSX.
pmb

Post by pmb »

This seems to be a singular issue indeed. Actually, I did less refer to the optimization aspect of that document but the usage of Process Explorer to get an idea where your VAS Memory gets lost (you will find some other contributions on this in forums, too).

As a last resort, I would try to delete "prepar3D.cfg" and, maybe, even exe.xml and dll.xml (located under C:\Users\(YourProfile)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D after making a backup of the actual ones) and let Prepr3D create new ones.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64