Two Systems - Split displays

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
careflight

Post by careflight »

Basically we have up and running at the moment FSX SP2 with WideView (www.wideview.it) with the front PC running two graphics cards - 4 outputs - showing 4 individual instrument panels inside the Bell 412 EP, and then WideView to the secondary "visuals" pc. This second system is only going to a single projector.

So this works very nicely, however we want to be a commercial venture with CASA approval eventually so we need to move to Prepar3d.

We have 2 licenses and two brand new machines. Same setup essentially but without the WideView if possible.

Basically on the main system (panels) can I set this up so that it is only the 4 screens and then have the visuals on the Slave system. I will only have 1 slave and one main system? Is this possible?

Also setting up 4 seperate views on a single system. This is different from what I have read so far to the "Master and Slave" arrangements of the PC's correct?

If someone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

jimcooper1

Post by jimcooper1 »

Sounds like you're going in the right direction.

Use your Master to run the 4 instrument Panels and then use your Slave to run your outside view(s).

As you're simulating a Bell 412 (Griffin??), I would imagine that you would require as much out of the window visuals as possible, ideally up to 180 degrees, consequently your Slave would be best utilised to give multiple views. However you may be using it as an instrument trainer and consequently outside visuals are not paramount.

You'll find all the info on Multi-Channel in the Learning Centre, within the application. However you can access the pages without the application being open by navigating to the Prepar3D folder.

You'll find it in

Prepar3D/P3DWeb/LearningCenter/Getting Started/Multichannel/MultichannelDisplayConfiguration.htm

Regards

Jim
careflight

Post by careflight »

Jim

Thanks for the quick reply.

Basically I want it so that when they fire it up, they don't have to move ANYTHING!! :)

Will play some more tomorrow with the config. Going to be a definate WIP as the throttle controls...etc all need to be converted from the old machine to the new one.